Groups

19 Comments

Why did you buy an Hitachi? they are horrible TV's

buy a new one and when it arrives swap it with the broken one and return it

Banned

Under EU law you have a 2 year warranty.

DarkKnight;6834777

really? I didnt know that - I have a budget of £300 to buy my son a 32" lcd for his christmas and I was looking at a hitachi. Cheers Darknight:thumbsup:

OP thats such a shame - it really is. Might be worth getting a local repair shop to have a look. Similar thing happened to me i.e just out of warranty but a local shop fixed it for £40.

bossyboots;6834873

really? I didnt know that - I have a budget of £300 to buy my son a 32" … really? I didnt know that - I have a budget of £300 to buy my son a 32" lcd for his christmas and I was looking at a hitachi. Cheers Darknight:thumbsup:OP thats such a shame - it really is. Might be worth getting a local repair shop to have a look. Similar thing happened to me i.e just out of warranty but a local shop fixed it for £40.

I'm in the same boat, need to buy a 26/28 or 32 inch LCD TV for my brother for Christmas.
    A few on here caught my eye which are good makers of TV's, here are the links, hope it helps you

]Samsung
    ]Samsung 4 Series
    ]Toshiba
    ]Toshiba 1080p

All seem to be good prices and TV's

raptorcigs;6834816

dont make mine anymore its a hitachi 42pd8700 u

sorry i thought that was a good way to go aswell hope you get something sorted :thumbsup:

DarkKnight;6834964

I'm in the same boat, need to buy a 26/28 or 32 inch LCD TV for my … I'm in the same boat, need to buy a 26/28 or 32 inch LCD TV for my brother for Christmas.A few on here caught my eye which are good makers of TV's, here are the links, hope it helps you]Samsung]Samsung 4 Series]Toshiba]Toshiba 1080pAll seem to be good prices and TV's

Thats brilliant - thanks a million for that - rep too :-D

OP sending u rep also for hijacking your thread:oops:

bossyboots;6835045

Thats brilliant - thanks a million for that - rep too :-DOP sending u rep … Thats brilliant - thanks a million for that - rep too :-DOP sending u rep also for hijacking your thread:oops:

Your welcome if you need any more help just let me know

Some credit cards give you extra warranty on things like TVs, so if you bought it on a credit card then it might be worth phoning them and asking.

raptorcigs;6835156

i lub you:thumbsup:

its cool man :thumbsup: had to do this myself recently worked a charm (if you print the webpage off as it will proove it as it is a .gov website which obviously is a government website. Hope it works as easy for you as it did for me mate

DarkKnight;6834777

care to elaborate?

harry127;6835528

care to elaborate?

because they are... how many of the parts are actually their own ? can name them with no thumbs or fingers...

harry127;6835528

care to elaborate?

The Contrast Ratio is always crap and they look crap.

danny09;6835567

because they are... how many of the parts are actually their own ? can … because they are... how many of the parts are actually their own ? can name them with no thumbs or fingers...

Same with most TVs. :whistling:

DarkKnight;6835608

The Contrast Ratio is always crap and they look crap.

yes good answer. Thanks for the advice

harry127;6835617

Same with most TVs. :whistling:

i think you find that it isn't the same for most TV's LOL, do you know anything about TV's ?

danny09;6835797

i think you find that it isn't the same for most TV's LOL, do you know … i think you find that it isn't the same for most TV's LOL, do you know anything about TV's ?

Obviously a bit more than you

not what you want to hear but they are absolutely right, despite you being able to claim under the SOGA for up to 6 years the onus is still on you to prove it is a manuf fault. only way to do this is an independant engineers report.
    might be cheaper/easier to get a STB and live with it though
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tradesmen battery power tools.22
      2. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?23
      3. Flights only Dominican Republic33
      4. Buy back on Euros to £££34

See more discussions