1 Day Tour from Edinburgh

Dear All,

We (2) are going to Edinburgh, As we don't have our own transport we are looking to go with 1 Day Tours operated by various companies over there.

Since it's very first time for us in Edinburgh, I request you guys to helps us out on deciding which is a better tour provider on a budget.

Some I browse through are -

timberbush-tours.co.uk/edi…tml
scotland.org.uk/tou…htm
rabbies.com
graylinescotland.com

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Many Thanks

2 Comments

timberbush-tours - all look excellent tours but Loch Ness would be my #1 followed by Loch Lomond
scotland.org.uk - good tour but not as good as above.
rabbies.com - looks very similar to timberbush tours actually. The one that is different and worth a vote would be West Highland Lochs & Castles 1 Day Tour
graylinescotland.com - least inspiring of the sites but similar tours again.

Come to Aberdeen for a day and I will buy you a whisky!

Edinburgh's pretty small, and the parts you'd be interested in as a tourist extend pretty much from the West End of Princes Street to Holyrood Palace. Possibly Rosslyn (the glen is lovely, one of my favourite parts of the Lothians) and Cramond (an island you can walk to) also, at a push.

I don't really know what you're into, but for a general Greatest Hits of Edinburgh, follow this path:

Get into the city via Waverly Station > walk up to the Royal Mile via Cockburn Street > Walk uphill to the castle (setting foot inside is optional) > Walk back down the Royal Mile to the Scottish Parliament, Holyrood Palace, and Arthur's Seat > Walk up Arthur's Seat (takes about 15 minutes, gives you a cracking view of the city) > Walk back down > Make your way to Princes Street > Walk along it to the West End > Have a drink or something at Ryan's Bar > Jump on a 41 bus heading out of town to get to Cramond > Return from Cramond, exit the bus at the same area > Jump on a 37 or 47 bus heading into town, exit at Bilston, walk to Rosslyn (it's about a fifteen minute walk, along a pavement by a countryside road) > make your way back > Chillaxe in Princes Street gardens with a nice cold beer > Leave

Get a couple of day tickets, and you're only paying £3.30 a head for travel for the whole day.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764072
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846108
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?12
    4. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2132

See more discussions