£1 max eBay fees, question regarding % fees

Posted 24th Jun 2020
Hi guys,

so regarding the £1 max eBay fees promotions, I know eBay takes the cut and PayPal does and with that deal it is just the eBay fees which are going to be maximum £1.

I was wondering if my way of thinking is correct and if someone did the math.

For how much does the item needs to be sold to make eBay take more than £1 of fees?

I was thinking of selling some cheap items and I wonder if I should wait for that deal, because eBay maybe will charge below £1 for a total price.

For example, if I sell something for £10+£3 shipping, would eBay take more than £1 and I should wait for a deal or just go right away with posting it now as it does not matter.

I hope that this makes sense, thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
I think the sun has got to you.
Rednirah24/06/2020 18:59

I think the sun has got to you.

Ikr, I had no idea how to word it properly kek
The way I understand it, eBay takes it's fee based on the total amount the buyer has paid, so item cost + p&p. When the £1 FVF is active, £1 is the maximum eBay will take regardless. Of course, PayPal will still take their cut based on on the total the buyer has paid also.
PsillyPseudonym24/06/2020 19:05

The way I understand it, eBay takes it's fee based on the total amount the …The way I understand it, eBay takes it's fee based on the total amount the buyer has paid, so item cost + p&p. When the £1 FVF is active, £1 is the maximum eBay will take regardless. Of course, PayPal will still take their cut based on on the total the buyer has paid also.

Is the % always the same from the sale (the eBay one, not the PayPal). As I just want to find out if the % taken from eBay would be above 1 quid to judge if I should wait for the deal or just sell it now.
Ebay take 10% normally.

If your item sells for more than £10 than the fee will be greater than £1 and you should wait for the £1 listing days.
ArcadeAssassin24/06/2020 19:07

Ebay take 10% normally. If your item sells for more than £10 than the fee …Ebay take 10% normally. If your item sells for more than £10 than the fee will be greater than £1 and you should wait for the £1 listing days.

Thank you!
the PayPal % is more than the eBay % I believe
Mendoza24/06/2020 19:12

the PayPal % is more than the eBay % I believe

PayPal takes 30p + 2.9% of the total remitted.
ArcadeAssassin24/06/2020 19:07

Ebay take 10% normally. If your item sells for more than £10 than the fee …Ebay take 10% normally. If your item sells for more than £10 than the fee will be greater than £1 and you should wait for the £1 listing days.

Yes, I agree.

I'm pretty sure that eBay also take 10% of the postage/packaging fee too. This was introduced after people, quite understandably, were selling very cheaply and adding huge p&p fees to avoid selling fees.

So, if the total cost (item+postage) is greater than £10 it's worth waiting for the £1 fvf offer. You need to add the cost of postage into the list price and add free p&p. (I think...)
Edited by: "britlad" 24th Jun
bozo00724/06/2020 19:54

PayPal takes 30p + 2.9% of the total remitted.

I sold something for £3.72, and PayPal taken 0.41p

is that correct?
Honestly Ebay is not worth selling on any more. They take so much in fees you don't actually make anything.

If you have Facebook I would recommend selling on the market place there instead
Mendoza24/06/2020 21:21

I sold something for £3.72, and PayPal taken 0.41pis that correct?

I thought it was 3.4% + 0.30p which makes it near enough
Post a comment
@
    Text