Expired

1 Month Rolling Contract SIM Only Advice Needed Please

4 replies
Found 9th Aug 2009
Hi,

I am currently coming to the end of my 12 month contract with Vodafone, and as yet they are unable to offer me a deal good enough to stay. Basically i can get a better deal with vodafone by cancelling, taking out a new contract and going through Quidco, but I don't want to lose my existing number and Vodafone doesn't allow you to port numbers internally.

So anyway, what I want to do is take out a temporary 1 month SIM only contract and port my number across (doesn't matter which network), and then after 1 month, cancel the contract and port my number back to Vodafone. Can anyone confirm if any of the networks allows you port a number across on a 1 month SIM only contract? Obviously when you take out an 18 month contract, there is normally a box at the end of the form filling which allows you to enter your current mobile number and to port it across, but i was unsure about a 1 month SIM.

Any advice / tips on the matter would be greatly appreciated and obviously rep to anyone that can help.

Thanks in advance

4 Comments

if you know you definetely want to go back to Vodafone, just port the number out onto any PAYG sim (although I would use Orange & blag £10 free airtime).

]http//ww…m-w

Then once you've got your new sim with your old number up & running, ask for a PAC code & take out your Voda' contract :thumbsup:

Original Poster

BeeKeeper;5971477

if you know you definetely want to go back to Vodafone, just port the … if you know you definetely want to go back to Vodafone, just port the number out onto any PAYG sim (although I would use Orange & blag £10 free airtime).]http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/454856/free-10-credit-on-orange-payg-sim-wThen once you've got your new sim with your old number up & running, ask for a PAC code & take out your Voda' contract :thumbsup:

Thanks, that sounds like a perfect solution. Please can you confirm if I have to phone Orange up and order over the phone, or if I can do this online, and presumably there will be a space to enter my PAC code on the order page?

Thanks again, rep added :thumbsup:

I don't know about online, I've always got a few new orange sim cards knocking about (people are always giving them away, or you can even buy them on eBay for a few pence)
Then I just stick a new sim in my unlocked phone & call Orange to register it, give them my PAC code then.

Original Poster

BeeKeeper;5971563

I don't know about online, I've always got a few new orange sim cards … I don't know about online, I've always got a few new orange sim cards knocking about (people are always giving them away, or you can even buy them on eBay for a few pence)Then I just stick a new sim in my unlocked phone & call Orange to register it, give them my PAC code then.

OK thanks I will try that :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch11
    2. Credit Card Debt Question...66
    3. Looking to travel from belfast33
    4. Paw patrol sea patroller44

See more discussions