1 months rent in ADVANCE QUESTION???

Found 9th Oct 2017Edited by:"machomansavage"
Im just wondering and confused how it works when you pay 1 months rent in advance.

I moved into my apartment on 10th august 2016. I Paid a deposit + 1 months rent.

On the 10th sept i paid another months rent and so on, on the 10th of each month....

my contract was up as of august 2017.

If I put my 30 days notice in October 10th. Do i still pay the month of November 2017 rent??? or is this used as my advance payment when I moved in?..
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Check your contract, or ask your agency / landlord. We don't know the details of your arrangement.
As dxx says discuss it with your Landload.

From the details you have given (on various posts) I suggest on 10 November you will need to pay up to the 17th - so 7 days rent. Then, on leaving if your landlord is happy with the condition of the property and no damage has occured you should expect refund of your deposit.
Van197310 m ago

As dxx says discuss it with your Landload.From the details you have given …As dxx says discuss it with your Landload.From the details you have given (on various posts) I suggest on 10 November you will need to pay up to the 17th - so 7 days rent. Then, on leaving if your landlord is happy with the condition of the property and no damage has occured you should expect refund of your deposit.

Thanks man. So sorry I've adked this question a few times. Was just trying to make sure it made sense
dxx1 h, 20 m ago

Check your contract, or ask your agency / landlord. We don't know the …Check your contract, or ask your agency / landlord. We don't know the details of your arrangement.

Assuming anyone who pays a month in advance this applies too?
machomansavage57 m ago

Assuming anyone who pays a month in advance this applies too?

Yeah your deposit is usually a months rent stored in a DPS which you should have access to. Once you’ve moved out the agent will do another inventory and check for any damage. If all is good they will release your deposit to you, you then go to the website and accept it.

Fairly standard practice it seems.
Today (October 10th) would actually be too late to put in your notice. If you moved in 1st the last day would be the 30th/31st, so if you lived in the 10th the last day would be the 9th (yesterday) so to be able to put in for a whole month period you would need to put it in on the 9th.

If you hired a car for a month on the 1st of September you wouldn't be able to have the car on the 1st of September and the 1st of October because that would be more than a month.
Edited by: "MIDURIX" 10th Oct 2017
If you handed in you notice yesterday 9th you would have to move out on the 9th November but from the 10th October - 9th November that is only October's rent, so all you need to pay is October's rent. November's rent would be for 10th November to 9th December, but you aren't going to be there then so why would you pay the rent for that period?
MIDURIX3 m ago

Today (October 10th) would actually be too late to put in your notice. If …Today (October 10th) would actually be too late to put in your notice. If you moved in 1st the last day would be the 30th/31st, so if you lived in the 10th the last day would be the 9th (yesterday) so to be able to put in for a whole month period you would need to put it in on the 9th.

Right ok so if I put 30 days notice in yesterday as I paid a month in advance when I moved in when we left property on 8th November I wouldn't pay anything? As we made that initial first months rent in advance???
You moved into my apartment on 10th august 2016.
You would need to give notice before the 10th of a month and move out before 10th of following month.
Eg. if you gave written notice 09/10/17, you would pay rent on 10/10 as normal.
if you gave notice 11/10. you would have to pay following month as 1 month notice has not been given. the 1 month notice is from the date you moved in.

the Rent in advance, should be held independently, depending on is renting is private or through agents, they can or should have told you where this is held.
Once moved out, a final property inspection is taken, if all ok and no damages etc, the money is then transferred back to you.

Hope this helps
machomansavage12 m ago

Right ok so if I put 30 days notice in yesterday as I paid a month in …Right ok so if I put 30 days notice in yesterday as I paid a month in advance when I moved in when we left property on 8th November I wouldn't pay anything? As we made that initial first months rent in advance???

Where has the 8th of November come from? You moved in 10th so you move out 9th. You have to normally give notice before the next monthly cycle starts, so on the 9th, so you can leave the following 9th.
You are paying in advance all the way through so of course you wouldn't suddenly pay at the end, that just wouldn't make sense.

You hand in notice 9th October or before

You pay rent 10th October for 10th October to 9th of November period

You move out on the 9th of November

You get your deposit back

And I don't think it is called a 30 days notice, it's just a months notice because you are now in a month to month lease because your 12 month tenancy had ended.
FreeDeal4 m ago

You moved into my apartment on 10th august 2016.You would need to give …You moved into my apartment on 10th august 2016.You would need to give notice before the 10th of a month and move out before 10th of following month.Eg. if you gave written notice 09/10/17, you would pay rent on 10/10 as normal.if you gave notice 11/10. you would have to pay following month as 1 month notice has not been given. the 1 month notice is from the date you moved in.the Rent in advance, should be held independently, depending on is renting is private or through agents, they can or should have told you where this is held.Once moved out, a final property inspection is taken, if all ok and no damages etc, the money is then transferred back to you.Hope this helps

Yes, moved in 10th, give notice on the 9th, so notice period starts on the 10th.

On the notice you always want to put that you want to view the property with the agent on the last day of the lease where you still have posesion of the keys and check the flat for damage.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants