1 week fast track passport renewal

Posted 25th Jun 2019
Hi

Once you complete the fast track passport renewal at the passport office how are you then informed of it being dispatched? Do you get a text or an email with a day of delivery or do you just have to wait in all week
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Presumably it is the same as an ordinary application. Kept updated by text on application progress, and then a text confirming when it had been despatched and saying the latest it would arrive by - think it was a two day window. It then arrived by courier the day after it had been despatched. Provided there is a safe letterbox, ie not a communal one, I believe it can just be posted through. However, I was in anyway to sign for it.

Hope your son's arrives by Thursday - bet you've suffered enough without me saying ....'there's a lesson to be learnt here.....'
JimboParrot25/06/2019 07:51

Presumably it is the same as an ordinary application. Kept updated by …Presumably it is the same as an ordinary application. Kept updated by text on application progress, and then a text confirming when it had been despatched and saying the latest it would arrive by - think it was a two day window. It then arrived by courier the day after it had been despatched. Provided there is a safe letterbox, ie not a communal one, I believe it can just be posted through. However, I was in anyway to sign for it.Hope your son's arrives by Thursday - bet you've suffered enough without me saying ....'there's a lesson to be learnt here.....'

a lesson to be learnt, no doubt about that. Praying for the best on this one. Really is going to be a close one this. Maybe we'll miss a days holiday at worst as we have no flights booked this time around. Thanks anyway
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 25th Jun 2019
JimboParrot25/06/2019 07:51

Presumably it is the same as an ordinary application. Kept updated by …Presumably it is the same as an ordinary application. Kept updated by text on application progress, and then a text confirming when it had been despatched and saying the latest it would arrive by - think it was a two day window. It then arrived by courier the day after it had been despatched. Provided there is a safe letterbox, ie not a communal one, I believe it can just be posted through. However, I was in anyway to sign for it.Hope your son's arrives by Thursday - bet you've suffered enough without me saying ....'there's a lesson to be learnt here.....'

I believe you always have to sign for the new one but your return passport can be left in a safe place.

@op - weren't you able to drive to the passport centre and pick it up on the day?
Sc4mp025/06/2019 08:00

@op - weren't you able to drive to the passport centre and pick it up on …@op - weren't you able to drive to the passport centre and pick it up on the day?

just what I was going to ask, looks like thats a different £177 versus £142, good job the Op doesnt have flights booked yet or would have been worth the extra.
Sc4mp025/06/2019 08:00

I believe you always have to sign for the new one but your return passport …I believe you always have to sign for the new one but your return passport can be left in a safe place.@op - weren't you able to drive to the passport centre and pick it up on the day?

It was a replacement for a lost one, that had not expired. The delivery text said that they can put it through the letterbox as long as it is a private one and not shared.
For a child's renewal passport the only option is one week fast track costing £122. You can't do pick up on day. That's adults only passport
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 25th Jun 2019
Remember someone else posts these so it may arrive in the evening in a small white envelope
Misslovely25/06/2019 12:15

Remember someone else posts these so it may arrive in the evening in a …Remember someone else posts these so it may arrive in the evening in a small white envelope

Oh I see. So like when you have a Hermes parcel delivered by somebody in their car ?
Yes. Don't know which courier company they use, but he came in a car, but had other parcels to deliver as well. Obviously not in a hurry as he sat and ate his lunch! It came in a passport size envelope with Home Office clearly printed on the front.
JimboParrot25/06/2019 13:00

Yes. Don't know which courier company they use, but he came in a car, but …Yes. Don't know which courier company they use, but he came in a car, but had other parcels to deliver as well. Obviously not in a hurry as he sat and ate his lunch! It came in a passport size envelope with Home Office clearly printed on the front.

Hmm ok. Would have preferred a gurenteed next day delivery by royal mail especially for the price I paid
stevo610525/06/2019 12:47

Oh I see. So like when you have a Hermes parcel delivered by somebody in …Oh I see. So like when you have a Hermes parcel delivered by somebody in their car ?

I dont know who they are. They just post it through so they must hire some private contractors. They wont knock on door either so do keep a eye incase your kids pick it up and throw it lol. Envelope is nearly the size of passport
Misslovely25/06/2019 13:02

I dont know who they are. They just post it through so they must hire some …I dont know who they are. They just post it through so they must hire some private contractors. They wont knock on door either so do keep a eye incase your kids pick it up and throw it lol. Envelope is nearly the size of passport

The way things are going with this holiday it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the kids got hold of it and throw it or tear it up
stevo610525/06/2019 13:02

Hmm ok. Would have preferred a gurenteed next day delivery by royal mail …Hmm ok. Would have preferred a gurenteed next day delivery by royal mail especially for the price I paid

Yours might be as it was a fast tracked personal appointment one?

We're all on tenterhooks too! Don't forget to update us.
JimboParrot25/06/2019 13:05

Yours might be as it was a fast tracked personal appointment one?We're all …Yours might be as it was a fast tracked personal appointment one?We're all on tenterhooks too! Don't forget to update us.

I'll let you know Jimbo

Yea it was personal appointment
JimboParrot25/06/2019 13:05

Yours might be as it was a fast tracked personal appointment one?We're all …Yours might be as it was a fast tracked personal appointment one?We're all on tenterhooks too! Don't forget to update us.

Just to update . Didn't receive passport in time for our son to join us. After endless calls to the passport office we got told today that his passport had been printed but we wasn't allowed to collect it and that DX delivery the courier would send a txt once they have collected it. As of yet no txt so my 10yr old is off to my mum and dad's for the week
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants