Join the club.
    For people up at 5am that is.

Stop giving him the caffeine

Hope they grow out of it soon?

John

Stop checking HotUKDeals?

Banned

drop kick does the trick for me...

It's a habit now and they will be awake at 4am until they are 9.

deathtrap3000;1949810

Join the club.For people up at 5am that is.

Has been this way for nearly 4 years now !!!!

rose_cat_jr;1949853

It's a habit now and they will be awake at 4am until they are 9.

If they go to bed at 5pm they are up at 5am, if they go to bed at 10pm, they are up at 5am !! The only difference being they will fall asleep in the afternoon. We will be so glad of the rest when they nap not realising we are lining ourselves up for another late night :w00t:

My 4am rising baby is now 14 and will sometimes sleeps in until 8am at the weekends.

we always used to just stick them in the car and go for a drive.. they would be asleep by the time I drove arounf the block.. I guess that is an expensive way of getting them to sleep these days but it worked for us

Ether+cloth+sleep:whistling:

Medised!

My son woke every 2 hours until he was 15 momths old... aged me 10 years i swear!

ahh, medised. Just stick a teat in the top of the bottle !!! great stuff

Get darker or thicker curtains in their room but most of all enjoy it they'll be 21 before you know it ! Change your routine to fit in with theirs for a while ..

Blackout blinds work a treat too! Our five year old still creeps into our bed during the night..........

It's hard but you should try not making eye contact or talking to little un, no stimulation and just lay them back down and walk out. If they cry, wait 5 mins then do the same, lay down walk out and keep doing it, sometimes it takes a few days for them to get into this routine but they realise this isn't play time/getting up time and eventually they don't even bother trying and just go back to sleep on their own.

As soon as they get a positive reaction (eye contact/talking) they will wake up more and expect to start the normal routine of getting up having brekkie etc.

Both our children did this when they were small babies and we used this technique and it worked perfectly in both cases. Our son is now 7 and sleeps from 8pm to 7am and our daughter is 17months and sleeps from 7.30pm to 7am with no waking from either of them

My friend has a boy aged 22months and he started waking at 4am at about 5 months, she got him up trying all sorts to get him back off......bottles,telly,driving around etc. etc. and she still has to do it now and regrets it totally cos it's part of his routine now.

Hope this helps

get a book called "baby whisper solves all your problems"

FANTASTIC book

she reckons on a thing called "wake to sleep". it's used when a baby is waking at a set time every night and what you do is this:
    your kid is waking at 4am every night. set your alarm for 3.30 am and go in and gently rouse them. don't wake them completely, just rouse them enough to disturb their sleep, for a minute or two without talking, just stroke their head or something, then shhhh them back to sleep again. they'll sleep through to whenever they normally used to sleep until. do this for a few nights and their sleep pattern will return to normal.

we've done it with both of ours and I can totally endorse this. it's hard work for us, but it really does work.

I have a copy of a book in .pdf format (Sleepsense). I will upload it to my website and post a link to it later for everyone.

I have just started having problems with my 15 month old so I need to have a good read of it too.

mine would wake up when the birds started singing outside his window

This post is making me well chuffed with my 11pm till 10am baby WooooooHooooo, and only 11 weeks! Bet it bites me on the ass one day!!

Enjoy it while it lasts !!!

My sister had a three year old early riser and she found a clock shaped like a rabbit and at whatever time she set, the rabbit would open or close its eyes.
    her little girl now stays in bed when she can see its eyes are shut.
    i was surprised it worked but i suppose the little one had no idea whether its morning or night, especially with the daylight hours getting longer.

Lulu'sMammy;1950526

This post is making me well chuffed with my 11pm till 10am baby … This post is making me well chuffed with my 11pm till 10am baby WooooooHooooo, and only 11 weeks! Bet it bites me on the ass one day!!

and i suppose if somebody said they were blind, you would say "well i can see perfectly with not one, but both of my eyes"!?!?!?!!??! :whistling:

PapaSmurf;1957026

and i suppose if somebody said they were blind, you would say "well i can … and i suppose if somebody said they were blind, you would say "well i can see perfectly with not one, but both of my eyes"!?!?!?!!??! :whistling:

I was a guide dog trainer for 10 years.....bad example matey!
    But if you had said you'd been to tenerife, i would of said i've been to elevenerife!!

Lulu'sMammy;1958226

I was a guide dog trainer for 10 years.....bad example matey!But if you … I was a guide dog trainer for 10 years.....bad example matey!But if you had said you'd been to tenerife, i would of said i've been to elevenerife!!

lmao and boy did I need to do that, thanks :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmaticians3050
      2. Bearded chat917
      3. What would be HELL to you?3459
      4. word association Game74044582
      5. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407242

See more discussions