10 AA or AAA Batteries - £1 @ B&M

Posted 12th Dec 2019
Seems a ridiculously good price. I don't know about the quality and they do state that they are for 'low power' appliances however even if they are half as powerful or last half as long, they are still many times cheaper than other alternatives.

10 pack of AA or 10 pack of AAA both £1

bmstores.co.uk/pro…959
Community Updates

Groups

8 Comments
Nice
Awful batteries. They literally last a couple of weeks in my TV remote control.an item that doesn't exactly draw much power.
Zinc chloride is visible in the image so these are the lowest capacity type of batteries and and 10p each is about the normal price.
Zinc is a bit naff. Pound shops been selling zinc batteries for years and not worth buying imo
Edited by: "wayners" 12th Dec 2019
Creagle, have you visited a Poundland lately? Lots of Sony, Kodak, etc. Zinc batteries - ALL

I really believe Zinc Chloride batteries have no place in today's society. Alkaline batteries should be the 'basic' norm and rechargeables are quite affordable now so are much better for general use and longevity. I haven't bought a pack of alkaline batteries for many, many years.

Have lots of Lidl rechargeables - some good, some not so but by far the greatest batteries I have EVER owned are ones from 7dayshop. These 2600mah AA's I have just don't give up! They must be over a decade old and they still charge (and hold charge) fine. I've never known any others to be as good. They have paid for themselves over and over...
poundland.co.uk/kod…ies
39335535-1X3wX.jpgEven better "bargain" batteries - a whole 11 for a pound! (*PLEASE NOTE* - still )
Poundland are now doing 14 Kodak for £1 (10 + 4 free) - just in time for Xmas. I suppose they might last an hour or two in a child's toy...

39438507-IB94D.jpg

Yep. You've guessed it. Still (Gotta love the "Super Heavy Duty" tag though.)
Edited by: "Phsycronix" 19th Dec 2019
Phsycronix12/12/2019 13:45

Creagle, have you visited a Poundland lately? Lots of Sony, Kodak, etc. …Creagle, have you visited a Poundland lately? Lots of Sony, Kodak, etc. Zinc batteries - ALL I really believe Zinc Chloride batteries have no place in today's society. Alkaline batteries should be the 'basic' norm and rechargeables are quite affordable now so are much better for general use and longevity. I haven't bought a pack of alkaline batteries for many, many years.Have lots of Lidl rechargeables - some good, some not so but by far the greatest batteries I have EVER owned are ones from 7dayshop. These 2600mah AA's I have just don't give up! They must be over a decade old and they still charge (and hold charge) fine. I've never known any others to be as good. They have paid for themselves over and over...

I use Eneloops, not the cheapest but hold their charge great and last years.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions