Groups

£10 Argos voucher code up for grabs, from the Flamedeer Hunt.

I have a £10 Argos voucher code, which I won on the Flamedeer Hunt. I'm probably not going to use this myself, so Im willing to give it to someone.

However their are 3 conditions. 'nothing in this life is free'.

1. You have to be a contributor, with a minimum of 20 deals posted.
    2. You have to Donate £5 to pdsa.org.uk
    3. You have to show 'proof' of donation.

Once I have proof of donation, I will message you the code.

Obviously after you pay your donation, you only getting £5 free.

Please if you are willing to do this, make sure you post your intentions in the post, as I have only one code.

Ps,

I have no association with PDSA, and don't use the service as I have no pets. Though I do think its a good charity and helps people get treatment for sick animals, when they wouldn't normally able to afford it.

Merry Christmas...

35 Comments

This really sounds like hard work. I can never resist anything free but i think i can on this one

Hahahah all that hardwork for a fiver.... best would be to make that donation £10 & I trust it will be worth it

So you have to donate before you can be considered ? Like the idea of giving this to site contributors not first time gimmes but it does seem like hard work and financial outlay for possibly no return

anyone remember the guy who had 20 blue ray copies of a Disney film, you had to donate £5 loads did it, he got a VIP badge and never came back, and no one got the BRs

not u op

miles136

anyone remember the guy who had 20 blue ray copies of a Disney film, you … anyone remember the guy who had 20 blue ray copies of a Disney film, you had to donate £5 loads did it, he got a VIP badge and never came back, and no one got the BRsnot u op

:') hahaha kind of a strange scam, nearly as bad as the adverts showcasing malnourished kids or blind dogs, ridiculous!
    Edited by: "prynolfc" 21st Dec 2016

miles136

anyone remember the guy who had 20 blue ray copies of a Disney film, you … anyone remember the guy who had 20 blue ray copies of a Disney film, you had to donate £5 loads did it, he got a VIP badge and never came back, and no one got the BRsnot u op

if its who i think it was - they were active just over 1 week ago
    not posting but still using forum

Why dont you just buy some dog toys or something with it and donate them to the PDSA.

Personally i would not give them anything they demand you be getting things like housing benefit in order for them to treat your animal, i think that is wong.

just donate it to a childrens charity or something

someone's enjoying the power of having a voucher. I'm sure the T&C state you can't sell these which is technically what your trying to do. just buy some dog toys with it and donate them.
    Edited by: "Cycling_chum" 21st Dec 2016

brilly

if its who i think it was - they were active just over 1 week agonot … if its who i think it was - they were active just over 1 week agonot posting but still using forum

spill

Cycling_chum

someone's enjoying the power of having a voucher. I'm sure the T&C state … someone's enjoying the power of having a voucher. I'm sure the T&C state you can't sell these which is technically what your trying to do. just buy some dog toys with it and donate them.

which t+c?
    forum basically says 'heres your voucher' then posts a ten digit code
    no instructions/expiry/t+c anywhere

miles136

spill

heh, almost certain who it is but the thread is gone etc so wont post unless 100% sure cos that'd be a bit mean
    think the last copy of that thread remains in fps braincells

brilly

heh, almost certain who it is but the thread is gone etc so wont post … heh, almost certain who it is but the thread is gone etc so wont post unless 100% sure cos that'd be a bit mean :{think the last copy of that thread remains in fps braincells

I will ask fp. The thread was taken down after loads complained about the member but they did not loose their vip badge

Original Poster

People saying they would pay possible pay £5, with no return? Thats why I said post your intentions so nobody pays, when someone else already has.

miles136

spill

Yes, name and shame!

wottodo

Yes, name and shame!

it was 3-4 years ago, they were named and shamed quite a bit at the time
    edit: actually they are posting again so maybe i made a mistake... happens now and then...ok... almost never
    Edited by: "brilly" 21st Dec 2016

brilly

if its who i think it was - they were active just over 1 week agonot … if its who i think it was - they were active just over 1 week agonot posting but still using forum

I see your stalking is getting better X)

brilly

it was 3-4 years ago, they were named and shamed quite a bit at the time … it was 3-4 years ago, they were named and shamed quite a bit at the time

Ah, how the hell i survive b4 Google, found the culprit.

airfix

I see your stalking is getting better X)

obviously not cos i failed on google! i used me head

wottodo

Ah, how the hell i survive b4 Google, found the culprit.

damnit i tried google!

Original Poster

Ok, Gone.

Tried to do something nice for someone else. A charity would get £5 and someone would benefit £5 for donating. Yet the last few posts, have made this feel dirty. So I've gave it away, without proof of donation, just to get rid of thing.

peter1969uk

Ok, Gone.Tried to do something nice for someone else. A charity would get … Ok, Gone.Tried to do something nice for someone else. A charity would get £5 and someone would benefit £5 for donating. Yet the last few posts, have made this feel dirty. So I've gave it away, without proof of donation, just to get rid of thing.

error gave you the perfect solution in #7
    no need to feel dirty if you've not done anything - thats the guilt talking

peter1969uk

Ok, Gone.Tried to do something nice for someone else. A charity would get … Ok, Gone.Tried to do something nice for someone else. A charity would get £5 and someone would benefit £5 for donating. Yet the last few posts, have made this feel dirty. So I've gave it away, without proof of donation, just to get rid of thing.

It was a nice gesture.

peter1969uk

Why feel dirty it was clear commentscwere notvabout u

peter1969uk

To be fair, I can see exactly where you are coming from as there are users in this world, and we have seen many on here grabbing free codes and not even posting as much as a thank you. I believe you were concerned that you would be giving away your code to someone like this who pretends to donate to charity just to get the voucher, hence your request for proof.

However, it would have been better to ask that the recipient donates £5 to a charity of their choice in the spirit of giving away something. They would have been more inclined to make the effort to donate as it is a charity that they support or would support.

Although I fully understand the reasoning behind your request for proof of donation, you have to learn to trust people so if you chose someone who has posted several good hot deals, that would hopefully be enough to identify that they may turn out to be honest, but if anything, deserving.

Thanks for making the effort to share and don't take the criticism the wrong way Hopefully if you win again next year, you will consider giving the code to me

Original Poster

brilly

error gave you the perfect solution in #7no need to feel dirty if you've … error gave you the perfect solution in #7no need to feel dirty if you've not done anything - thats the guilt talking

No guilt, however if you look at most of the replies, they are mostly about scams, and naming and shaming. Which no-one named. Throw enough mud and eventually some will stick.

peter1969uk

No guilt, however if you look at most of the replies, they are mostly … No guilt, however if you look at most of the replies, they are mostly about scams, and naming and shaming. Which no-one named. Throw enough mud and eventually some will stick.

did you actually read any of them lol?

Great idea OP. I would do it but sadly you know you will be spammed with
    more donations and your details shared with others charities. Its a great cause and
    a great gesture by op but I can see what will happen after the donation.

mutley1

To be fair, I can see exactly where you are coming from as there are … To be fair, I can see exactly where you are coming from as there are users in this world, and we have seen many on here grabbing free codes and not even posting as much as a thank you. I believe you were concerned that you would be giving away your code to someone like this who pretends to donate to charity just to get the voucher, hence your request for proof.However, it would have been better to ask that the recipient donates £5 to a charity of their choice in the spirit of giving away something. They would have been more inclined to make the effort to donate as it is a charity that they support or would support.Although I fully understand the reasoning behind your request for proof of donation, you have to learn to trust people so if you chose someone who has posted several good hot deals, that would hopefully be enough to identify that they may turn out to be honest, but if anything, deserving.Thanks for making the effort to share and don't take the criticism the wrong way Hopefully if you win again next year, you will consider giving the code to me

So true i once give a member £100 via paypal they needed it for food. Gas. Electric they did not even say thanks

peter1969uk

'nothing in this life is free'.

Not true.

miles136

So true i once give a member £100 via paypal they needed it for food. … So true i once give a member £100 via paypal they needed it for food. Gas. Electric they did not even say thanks

Oh aye, thanks mate

deeky

Oh aye, thanks mate

Everyone knows u get paid with sexual favours

miles136

Everyone knows u get paid with sexual favours

Didnt think his flirtatious attempts were that successful X)

deeky

Not true.

Agree. I have had loads of free stuff from men and i have never had to give anything back most of the time. Obviously, the free stuff stops coming pretty pronto without any return

miles136

So true i once give a member £100 via paypal they needed it for food. … So true i once give a member £100 via paypal they needed it for food. Gas. Electric they did not even say thanks

You way over paid miles. You should have negotiated a better rate. You would be lucky to get a tenner out of me, irrespective of how good your services were

I often walk past beggars when i am in london and i always feel sorry for them and feel compelled to give them something, especially the young women and blokes with a dog. However, i check myself as they would just spend the quid on drugs and alcohol.

mutley1

Didnt think his flirtatious attempts were that successful X)

Don't underestimate me
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Speccing a gaming pc22
      2. Kitchen tap replacement11
      3. Do you use a case on your iPhone?1212
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please33

See more discussions