Groups

10 ft Deep End?!

If a 25m swimming pool has a deep end of 10 ft, what does that make the shallow end?!

Be nice to go swimming but I'm still at the stage where I don't like going past 1.8m or so as I can't tiptoe above the water!

10 Comments

It's usually about 3 foot ish, i've known some that are only 2 some that are 4

RedIron;3168441

It's usually about 3 foot ish, i've known some that are only 2 some that … It's usually about 3 foot ish, i've known some that are only 2 some that are 4

Ditto that, most short course public/private pools are usually 3ft in the shallow end. If it's a childrens pool my local swimming baths start at 1ft.

Have fun. I learnt to swim at 30 after years of pool bullying from my brothers, love it now and swim like a fish. :thumbsup:

bout tree fiddy

I would recommend some adult lessons to build up your confidence .Good luck and i hope you keep it up

random question !!!!

it could be a flat bottomed pool - on which case the shallow end is 9ft too.
    if its a proper pool, it will be at least half the depth of the deep end......this is to allow for swimmers to make a tumble turn, without fouling the pool floor !

Original Poster

I can swim to an extent but I get tired quite quickly, so obviously my technique is wrong or I need to do it more :thumbsup:

johncas;3168569

I can swim to an extent but I get tired quite quickly, so obviously my … I can swim to an extent but I get tired quite quickly, so obviously my technique is wrong or I need to do it more :thumbsup:

yea, I got tired in the beginning but now make a habit of going at least once a week.

Picking up the courage to learn how to dive......:oops:

shallow!

Usually 0.9 meteres deep at shallow end

im same as u... need t tiptoe! hehe
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ps4 slim how much should I charge 2nd hand.68
      2. Jury service1823
      3. Iphone 7 - What Case?616
      4. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??44