Groups

10 gang extension lead with 5m cable and surge protection

Hi,

I'm looking for a 10 gang extension lead with a 5 meter cable with surge protector. I can't seem to find this anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

5 Comments

Umm nope searched and searched... but alternative could be by a ten with surge 2m. Buy the cable on reel. Pay electrician to swap to 5m safely? OR add another mains socket and get 2 5s?
    hopefully someone else can help further

I think you may struggle to find one at all, as I'm guessing for safety reasons they wouldn't want people plugging ten items into one socket with a possibly very high amp rating, which could cause the cable to overheat and catch fire.

Original Poster

Thanks guys for your replies. I bought a 13 gang extension with a 2m cable and surge protector but it was made in China and I wasn't convinced by the quality. Will look for a reel instead. Thanks again :-)

U may be able to get a tower socket extension with 10 sockets. Argos / b&q and the likes sell this. It has a 2m lead. Then get a single 3m trailing socket to extend or if you're able cut the plug off, buy 3m of cable and an inline joiner and wire up the extender yourself and shove a plug on the end. Someone with basic did skills could probably help otherwise.

Original Poster

Thanks schui1024 that's a great suggestion. I ended up getting an 8 gang 3m extension lead.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Car park fine UKPC11
      2. Iphone 7 - What Case?621
      3. Hamburg at christmas11
      4. www.disneycharms.co11
      5. BT deal45

See more discussions