£10 off three phone bill

Posted 18th Oct
Due to the network problems three have given me £10 credit off my next bill as a goodwill gesture. Wife did the same and also £10 so must be a standard gesture they are giving out. Just went through live chat on the app to complain of yesterday's outage.
Community Updates
Misc
26 Comments
I went on chat twice (once this afternoon) and they just straight out refused compensation until the issues were resolved, which I found odd as things were okay today. Thanks for heads up regarding compensation
Went on managed to get £5 (I’m only on a £9 contract) thanks
I got offered £5 by standard CS. Now being transferred to complaints but queue is massive £5 is the minimum, guy in live chat literally used quotation marks in their copy and pasted statement.
Edited by: "jamie15" 19th Oct
going to try tomorrow.
what are you saying to them exactly?

I was travelling last week so did not really get impacted by the outage but worth a try hehe
hashman19/10/2019 01:28

going to try tomorrow.what are you saying to them exactly?I was travelling …going to try tomorrow.what are you saying to them exactly?I was travelling last week so did not really get impacted by the outage but worth a try hehe

Just say you want compensation for the outage. They'll copy and paste response offering £5
I just said that I was unhappy that I couldn't use the service I paid for yesterday and had to top up another sim card. I was then offered £5 off my next bill. I said thank as thought reasonable and they immediately said further good news £5 off the following month as well.
My wife did similar but when they offered £5 she said it cost her more than that to top up and they increased to £10 off next months bill only.
I got £5 off for the mornings outage. I pay £10/month so thought it was more than reasonable.
Thanks OP, managed to get £10 off both mine and my wife's next bill. They tried to offer £5 at first but I just said not good enough as I know they offered £10 to others and they immediately upped it to the higher amount.
38699910-sxlG8.jpg
I got £10 off only pay £14 a month for unlimited everything
supes01019/10/2019 06:59

My wife did similar but when they offered £5 she said it cost her more …My wife did similar but when they offered £5 she said it cost her more than that to top up and they increased to £10 off next months bill only.

How much do you both pay normally, out of interest? And do you already have any credit on your account?
Mine is about £15, wife £10 a month
Took your advice, asked for compensation, was offered £5 and said I was expecting more - they instantly said no worries and then they'd see what they could do - they then offered me £10 off instead - which I accepted.
That was painless - a brief chat with a nice assistant, and £10 credit applied and visible on my account.
Free 3gb of data for 30 days on my payg account
csa119/10/2019 23:13

Free 3gb of data for 30 days on my payg account

I was wondering about how they'd handle Payg. Was that on a genuine Payg account you use or one of the untopped-up Data Reward Sims all HUKDers have?
Ferris19/10/2019 23:37

I was wondering about how they'd handle Payg. Was that on a genuine Payg …I was wondering about how they'd handle Payg. Was that on a genuine Payg account you use or one of the untopped-up Data Reward Sims all HUKDers have?

Genuine one that I've used for a while and top up £10 every 2/3 months generally
Initially offered £5, then upped to £10, then upped to £20 after waiting in a queue for three hours on their Live Chat.
Tom.Wilson20/10/2019 15:08

Initially offered £5, then upped to £10, then upped to £20 after waiting in …Initially offered £5, then upped to £10, then upped to £20 after waiting in a queue for three hours on their Live Chat.

I salute your determination and staying power
Edited by: "Ferris" 20th Oct
Ferris20/10/2019 15:16

I salute your determination and staying power

What could be worse than a three hour wait? Ah yes.. the message that popped up every three minutes that forced you to press a button within 60 seconds otherwise it would close the chat.

Worth it? Probably not
Tom.Wilson20/10/2019 15:19

What could be worse than a three hour wait? Ah yes.. the message that …What could be worse than a three hour wait? Ah yes.. the message that popped up every three minutes that forced you to press a button within 60 seconds otherwise it would close the chat.Worth it? Probably not

That pointless prompt was my first thought as I felt your pain.I've been caught out by it far too many times, but thankfully never in the midst of a wait that long...
Chat is going on and off, but when I was on I blagged something about not receiving 'necessary emails' in the morning of October 16th, adding the pay monthly contract detail I am on and 'how disappointed I was', they offered me £5. I didn't want to spend ages making a fuss about it 'not being acceptable' for more credit (and because Man Utd v Liverpool was on) so accepted the £5, also got information that this outage was because ''Three are updating their network to the 5G bandwidth'' (which seeing as there is still no 5G signal in Birmingham, was plausible) according to the adviser.
MrMaccieKFC20/10/2019 17:18

Chat is going on and off, but when I was on I blagged something about not …Chat is going on and off, but when I was on I blagged something about not receiving 'necessary emails' in the morning of October 16th, adding the pay monthly contract detail I am on and 'how disappointed I was', they offered me £5. I didn't want to spend ages making a fuss about it 'not being acceptable' for more credit (and because Man Utd v Liverpool was on) so accepted the £5, also got information that this outage was because ''Three are updating their network to the 5G bandwidth'' (which seeing as there is still no 5G signal in Birmingham, was plausible) according to the adviser.

They send an email out to everyone, apparently it was due to essential work in one of Three's data centers.
Tom.Wilson20/10/2019 15:08

Initially offered £5, then upped to £10, then upped to £20 after waiting in …Initially offered £5, then upped to £10, then upped to £20 after waiting in a queue for three hours on their Live Chat.

I tried to go via that team but too much effort as queues are so long. Best to take the £10 IMO!
jamie1520/10/2019 21:16

I tried to go via that team but too much effort as queues are so long. …I tried to go via that team but too much effort as queues are so long. Best to take the £10 IMO!

Yeah I agree. Was going to give up after the first hour but figured I was already in too deep. Never thought it was going to take three hours!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants