10 pin header to USB socket

I pulled apart a dead PC the other day, and found, attached to the motherboard USB header, an adapter, that turned that into two normal USB ports.

Anyone know where i can get some more of these from?

6 Comments

Original Poster

Something like this, but not with a backplate

http://i21.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/01/73/0f67_1.JPG

just unscrew the backplate? whats your intention for the use? may help find what you need?

Original Poster

harlzter;3015741

just unscrew the backplate? whats your intention for the use? may help … just unscrew the backplate? whats your intention for the use? may help find what you need?

I was thinking it could be useful to attach a bluetooth dongle to, and useful for card readers that come with USB that have to be fed out the back. Maybe a wireless dongle as well, if it would transmit well enough in the case

Original Poster

Oh, and unscewing the backplate seems like a good idea, i now see the screws, 99p + 65p postage on ebay for it, not too bad

peodude;3015773

Oh, and unscewing the backplate seems like a good idea, i now see the … Oh, and unscewing the backplate seems like a good idea, i now see the screws, 99p + 65p postage on ebay for it, not too bad

Doh! the two usb ports are actually on seperate blocks so can be mounted apart, for a bluetooth dongle or even wifi dongle it should be fairly good as you can mount they in a front drive bay just behind a plastic blanking panel so it shouldnt affect the signal too much.

i have a few spare!! owt ta trade?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213598
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386134
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764005
    4. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??11

See more discussions