Groups

10 Series GPU problems?

I've got a EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition.

I'm just wondering if anyone has a 10 Series GPU on here that is having problems?

I keep getting games crashing and going back to desktop and saying "So and so stop working" also RB6 siege and For Honor crash to either back to uplay or so I have to hold power button down on tower.

Ubisoft said the 10 Series is conflicting with their games and I have to keep uninstalling/reinstalling my GPU drivers.

I've had blue screen of death like 3 times in past month.

I've ran SFC/SCANNOW and nothing found.

Run my AVG and Malwarebytes and get no virus' etc.

I delete temp files etc and updated all drivers through the programme driver booster. I've tried everything and I'm so stumped. Temps are all OK and below recommended or max. Just seeing if anyone else has problems like this.

26 Comments

What's your other specs? Have you checked your mb can run that gpu along g with your cpu etc?
    What OS?
    When was the last time you installed Windows?

I had issues with the division (uPlay) and it was to do with the overlay. it was doing exactly as you described. go to settings and uncheck it. uPlay will say a warning but ignore it. that solved it for me

Original Poster

westy125

What's your other specs? Have you checked your mb can run that gpu along … What's your other specs? Have you checked your mb can run that gpu along g with your cpu etc? What OS? When was the last time you installed Windows?

I run a Z170I pro gaming motherboard
    16gb ram 3000mhz
    I5 6600k with water cooling.
    Windows 10 anniversary which I reinstalled when changing my case and mobo last month.

Original Poster

darthvader666uk

I had issues with the division (uPlay) and it was to do with the overlay. … I had issues with the division (uPlay) and it was to do with the overlay. it was doing exactly as you described. go to settings and uncheck it. uPlay will say a warning but ignore it. that solved it for me

Ye I'll try that. Just today as well Shadow of Mordor and Modern warfare Remastered shut down to steam and said they stop working. So baffling as everything is no more than 1 month old or 3 months old for the gpu.

I have a 1060 and read yesterday that the latest nVidia drivers (378.49) are causing problems for some/many people and that nVidia are working on a fix. I haven't upgraded my driver yet for that reason. Could be that? Otherwise, no issues so far for me in any games.

Original Poster

leaston

I have a 1060 and read yesterday that the latest nVidia drivers (378.49) … I have a 1060 and read yesterday that the latest nVidia drivers (378.49) are causing problems for some/many people and that nVidia are working on a fix. I haven't upgraded my driver yet for that reason. Could be that? Otherwise, no issues so far for me in any games.

Ah, what version do you have? I have the latest so might uninstall and install previous version. As too many games are crashing on me and with rb6 being my most played game and every update it's messing up the drivers or something.

I'm on 376.33 and am sticking with it for now. I can't find the site I read that comment on and will post it if I can find it again.

I haven't had this rig for long and having just checked, don't currently have anything by Ubisoft installed, so I can't say whether I'm affected by this.

EDIT:
    Here are some links about the broken driver...
    google.co.uk/sea…4CA
    Edited by: "leaston" 11th Feb

What wattage is your psu? Ive got a 1070 and haven't had any problems with any games using the newest drivers.

Danjw91

I run a Z170I pro gaming motherboard 16gb ram 3000mhz I5 6600k with water … I run a Z170I pro gaming motherboard 16gb ram 3000mhz I5 6600k with water cooling. Windows 10 anniversary which I reinstalled when changing my case and mobo last month.

​I would try an older version of the gpu drivers,

westy125

​I would try an older version of the gpu drivers,

Seconded.

I'd also be very tempted to open the case and reseat the RAM and GFX card at the very least. I've seen blue screens caused by RAM that has dusty connectors many times over the year and reseating components is always worth a go.

Original Poster

leaston

Seconded.I'd also be very tempted to open the case and reseat the RAM and … Seconded.I'd also be very tempted to open the case and reseat the RAM and GFX card at the very least. I've seen blue screens caused by RAM that has dusty connectors many times over the year and reseating components is always worth a go.

I don't see how though? I've had my new mobo and ram less than a month.

Games crashing, garbage drivers on a Nvidia GPU! Please add a SPOILER ALERT to the OP as many Nvidia fanboys my find it distressing! X)

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Games crashing, garbage drivers on a Nvidia GPU! Please add a SPOILER … Games crashing, garbage drivers on a Nvidia GPU! Please add a SPOILER ALERT to the OP as many Nvidia fanboys my find it distressing! X)

Is this common then? As I keep thinking it's my pc but I've ruled everything out and can't seem to see why it is. Games making pc go back to desktop or even completely freeze up but it never used to a few months back but tbh the new update was only out end of January.

Original Poster

weadlestar

What wattage is your psu? Ive got a 1070 and haven't had any problems … What wattage is your psu? Ive got a 1070 and haven't had any problems with any games using the newest drivers.

I've got EVGA 850W BQ which should be more than enough.

Original Poster

leaston

I'm on 376.33 and am sticking with it for now. I can't find the site I … I'm on 376.33 and am sticking with it for now. I can't find the site I read that comment on and will post it if I can find it again.I haven't had this rig for long and having just checked, don't currently have anything by Ubisoft installed, so I can't say whether I'm affected by this.EDIT:Here are some links about the broken driver...https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nvidia+378.49+drivers+broken&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=YIGfWNy8EePR8gfYg4X4CA

Thank you. Makes since I've uninstalled and reinstalled always to latest driver and keeps happening. I'll try an older version. It's so annoying when it happens ha. Thank you.

leaston

Seconded.I'd also be very tempted to open the case and reseat the RAM and … Seconded.I'd also be very tempted to open the case and reseat the RAM and GFX card at the very least. I've seen blue screens caused by RAM that has dusty connectors many times over the year and reseating components is always worth a go.

​The last time I had blue screen it was a ram stick that was failing, op do some ram tests with memtest86 and do full tests with each stick

Original Poster

westy125

​The last time I had blue screen it was a ram stick that was failing, op … ​The last time I had blue screen it was a ram stick that was failing, op do some ram tests with memtest86 and do full tests with each stick

Will do. Thank you. Hope not though as they're less than a month old

Danjw91

I don't see how though? I've had my new mobo and ram less than a month.

If they didn't seat the RAM 100% correctly when the system was built, it could cause problems. I've bought hundreds of PC's through work over the years and seen this quite a few times.

westy125's suggestion is also worth noting. Blue screens are a classic symptom of faulty RAM.

When you see the blue screen, note down the numbers/error message and do a search for them online. You can often find specifics on what is causing the crash through that.

Original Poster

leaston

If they didn't seat the RAM 100% correctly when the system was built, it … If they didn't seat the RAM 100% correctly when the system was built, it could cause problems. I've bought hundreds of PC's through work over the years and seen this quite a few times.westy125's suggestion is also worth noting. Blue screens are a classic symptom of faulty RAM.When you see the blue screen, note down the numbers/error message and do a search for them online. You can often find specifics on what is causing the crash through that.

I built the PC myself and they're correctly installed as I can't push them in any further. I did look and it can be drivers so I got driver booster and got loads drivers updated. Cheers for the reply, I'll keep an eye on it

Danjw91

I built the PC myself and they're correctly installed as I can't push … I built the PC myself and they're correctly installed as I can't push them in any further. I did look and it can be drivers so I got driver booster and got loads drivers updated. Cheers for the reply, I'll keep an eye on it

Sorry, I made an assumption you'd had the system built

I hope it does turn out to be as simple as a driver issue and you get it sorted. There's nothing more frustrating.

Original Poster

leaston

Sorry, I made an assumption you'd had the system built :)I hope it does … Sorry, I made an assumption you'd had the system built :)I hope it does turn out to be as simple as a driver issue and you get it sorted. There's nothing more frustrating.

Tell me about it haha! I'll do that memtest today. I've gone onto the previous drivers aswell but if not ill have to contact amazon regarding the ram being faulty

I had the same problem and it was from the ram memory. Some ram sticks are designed for x99 chipset and do not work well with z170. What I did is to lower ram frequency from 3200 MHz to 3000 MHz and that solved all my problems. In your case, lower from 3000 to 2800 and see if it solved the problem, if not try on 2600. Hope it helps.
    Edited by: "gabystefanovici" 12th Feb

Original Poster

gabystefanovici

I had the same problem and it was from the ram memory. Some ram sticks … I had the same problem and it was from the ram memory. Some ram sticks are designed for x99 chipset and do not work well with z170. What I did is to lower ram frequency from 3200 MHz to 3000 MHz and that solved all my problems. In your case, lower from 3000 to 2800 and see if it solved the problem, if not try on 2600. Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Original Poster

westy125

​The last time I had blue screen it was a ram stick that was failing, op … ​The last time I had blue screen it was a ram stick that was failing, op do some ram tests with memtest86 and do full tests with each stick

I've ran memtest86 from usb, it started straight away and took ages a but pass at 100% with 0 errors. It could be the fact EVGA 1070 is conflicting with the new nvidia gpu update and I'm just an unlucky one to have the problem with that. As for blue screen, when I opened driver booster it said 15 updates and said extremely old and very old on the drivers so updated all them and that may have been the problem.
    Edited by: "Danjw91" 12th Feb

Danjw91

I've ran memtest86 from usb, it started straight away and took ages a but … I've ran memtest86 from usb, it started straight away and took ages a but pass at 100% with 0 errors. It could be the fact EVGA 1070 is conflicting with the new nvidia gpu update and I'm just an unlucky one to have the problem with that. As for blue screen, when I opened driver booster it said 15 updates and said extremely old and very old on the drivers so updated all them and that may have been the problem.

​The fact others have mentioned issues with the 10 series cards latest software, your probably right

Original Poster

westy125

​The fact others have mentioned issues with the 10 series cards latest s … ​The fact others have mentioned issues with the 10 series cards latest software, your probably right

I'm hoping so dude as it's really pi**ing me off ha
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767499
      2. Bearded chat1020
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691427
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7301386

See more discussions