Expired

100% proof alcohol cheap

Found 18th Oct 2013
where can i buy cheap 100% proof (50% volume) or at least 45% volume alcohol cheap ? thanks
Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
AskAlcohol
11 Comments
Spirytus Rektyfikowany Vodka (95%) / Polmos, not cheap but could last a very long time. Providing you survive!
I'm assuming you want rubbing alcohol which I haven't been able to get over here. No clue why boots or similar don't have it.
Banned
Infinitesd

I'm assuming you want rubbing alcohol which I haven't been able to get … I'm assuming you want rubbing alcohol which I haven't been able to get over here. No clue why boots or similar don't have it.

I was the same, looking for it for cleaning purposes. I cant find rubbing alcohol anywhere. I had to settle for methylated spirits which the smell of makes me feel sick to the stomach.
Like above said just look for isopropyl alcohol. Will work fine
Original Poster
acpug

I was the same, looking for it for cleaning purposes. I cant find rubbing … I was the same, looking for it for cleaning purposes. I cant find rubbing alcohol anywhere. I had to settle for methylated spirits which the smell of makes me feel sick to the stomach.

Nope i want drinking alcohol :), i want to to make Absinthe using those essence bottles on Amazon, but you need 100% proof alcohol to dissolve the essence. (although it says you can get away with 45% volume which is 90% proof i think)
Edited by: "Denbi" 18th Oct 2013
Original Poster
jamalansary

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com

Thanks, still a bit expensive for my needs, i can get 65% volume Vodka in Tesco but thats £25. Im thinking something around £15 or less to use with this amazon.co.uk/Pre…-21
Original Poster
Terrabytes

You won't get really cheap alcohol, as the duty in the UK is £28.22 per … You won't get really cheap alcohol, as the duty in the UK is £28.22 per litre of pure alcohol.Drinking alcohol is ethanol and not propanol (isopropyl alcohol).Rubbing alcohol is called surgical spirit in this country.To get 100% alcohol you could try distilling vodka. Heat the vodka to 78.37 deg C (boiling point of ethanol), pass the distillation fraction through a condenser and collect in a beaker.

Funny I was talking to someone about distilling ...is it that simple ? i imagine ill end up blind oO looks like its going to be cheaper to just buy absinthe instead. Thankyou
Moonshiners!!! i love that show!!!

[img]i1.ytimg.com/sh/…jpg?v=50902e85[/img]

where can i buy cheap 100% proof (50% volume) or at least 45% volume … where can i buy cheap 100% proof (50% volume) or at least 45% volume alcohol cheap ?

Belgium, in the supermarket. Costs around 26Euro for a litre for 96% proof and it is food grade. Look in the section where the liquers are. It is called 'zuivere alcohol' or 'alcohol pur' Belgium being bilingual and all that.
Seriously though. Alternative you can get it at an 'apotheker' which is a dispensing chemist (look for the green cross sign) but you will pay a lot more.
Banned
Tesco are selling wray & nephew overproof rum 65% for £25 a 70cl bottle
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions