£100 voucher for carphone warehouse, ok to sell?

So got the £100 voucher for car phone warehouse today, nothing i really want, so cant really bothered buying lot's of cr*p i dont need, reckon it would be ok to sell?, all it has is my name on it , nothing else dodgy.

25 Comments

Where are you based ?

I don't think anyone will associate this sale with anything dodgy as we know the circumstances. However, because of the circumstances (they sent the voucher in error) I think you might have to send in in advance of payment in case CPW somehow invalidate the voucher or something. If you can sell to someone you can trust on here it should be fine, as they could pay you once they are able to use it. What do you think?

Original Poster

edinburgh, would sell @ a good price and free recorded deliv of course lol.

If you would be wiling to send prior to payment i would take it off your hands. Looking to buy an iPhone

Original Poster

The voucher's cosher, i went in to my carphone warehouse and they said i could get anything except another iphone!, so the voucher works, wont be sending it without payment lol.

Original Poster

And by me saying i couldnt get an iphone, i mean they wanted me to sign a contract in theyre, scared me off lol.

£80 reasonable price to sell @?

£80 is a good price. Will you be offering a refund should the code not be accepted ?

i'm not interested, as have a new phone, but yeah, i would say £80 is reasonable, dont go any/much lower than that. Since people buying a new phone either want one or they dont, so they can take the £20 saving or lump it

Original Poster

Refund, yes, as long as i get the voucher back and i check it hasnt been used !, it will work tho !, no reason for it not to work.

ok, should you decide to sell this in the "For Sale / Trade" forum i will keep an eye out for it with my £80 in hand

Original Poster

I will stick it on now.

Banned

Anyone buying an iphone would get one of these free. It cant be used for buying an iPhone so bare that in mind. Using this voucher would mean you wont get your own £100 voucher.

So ask yourself if its worth it.

Original Poster

guv;1968673

Anyone buying an iphone would get one of these free. It cant be used for … Anyone buying an iphone would get one of these free. It cant be used for buying an iPhone so bare that in mind. Using this voucher would mean you wont get your own £100 voucher.So ask yourself if its worth it.

Not true, only a few people have been given one by mistake, unless you reallly did buy one before the price hike, pretty much no chance of not getting one now, my mate bought one a few days after me and hasnt got one, still you buy this and can get £100 off, i have people telling me they have gotten the iphone with this to, still a good deal in the long run, so id say it is "worth it".

Banned

jaybizzle;1968685

Not true, only a few people have been given one by mistake, unless you … Not true, only a few people have been given one by mistake, unless you reallly did buy one before the price hike, pretty much no chance of not getting one now, my mate bought one a few days after me and hasnt got one, still you buy this and can get the phone for £69!, still a good deal in the long run, so id say it is "worth it".

But would you be able to? Someone has already said they wouldnt take the coupon to purchase an iPhone with it.

Plus, what makes you certain its a mistake and everyone wont get one?

Original Poster

Like i said my mate bought one , he never got one, also only been a few case's reported on this of getting it by mistake.
What make's you so sure anyone buying one will get a voucher?, realistically can you see everyone getting £100 voucher free , buying the iphone for £169, so really only getting it for £69.

Original Poster

Oh and i went to get another iphone today, showed them the voucher,only problem i had was taking out the contract bit, so i said id come back after i thought about it for a bit, scared me off, i prob should have said it was a gift for sumone, could have spent it on speaker's and what not, but i dont relally need em!.

Banned

jaybizzle;1968740

Like i said my mate bought one , he never got one, also only been a few … Like i said my mate bought one , he never got one, also only been a few case's reported on this of getting it by mistake.

When did he buy his? When did you buy yours? I'm sure they have quite a few of these to process!

What make's you so sure anyone buying one will get a voucher?,.

What makes you so sure they wont?

realistically can you see everyone getting £100 voucher free , buying … realistically can you see everyone getting £100 voucher free , buying the iphone for £169, so really only getting it for £69.

But you haven't paid £69 for it have you. Youve paid £169 and hoping someone will buy a free voucher off you that they are likely to get anyway if they went in and bought one. One thing is certain, even if they did honour this voucher for an iPhone purchase, they wont be getting their own £100 voucher.

Has anyone used one of these vouchers to buy an iPhone? Ive only seen one try posted here and that was rejected.

Original Poster

Mate bought it a day or so after, to answer your other questions , what im saying is carphone warehouse will be losing out big time by giving every single customer another £100 worth of good's, did you see the amount of activity on the day of the price cut? id say most people who have bought it , bought on the day or so of the cut, there have only been a few reported case's of the mistaken voucher, im just being realistic with the fact i cant see everyone buyingthe iphone now, getting the voucher, if your right, if im wrong.... well will eat my hat.

I got one too...off to try my luck this morning!

great

No iphones in any North London CPW , so I didn't produce my voucher.

The small print indicates it can be used against *anything*....can anyone say (who knows about this stuff) what would be the best 'bang for the buck' would be to use the £100 voucher on? (even to resell!).

Or does anyone in North London want to buy it ....on the basis if they won't accept it (I paid £169 for my iphone & not the £269 they seem to think!) I'll give you a refund

jaybizzle;1968931

Mate bought it a day or so after, to answer your other questions , what … Mate bought it a day or so after, to answer your other questions , what im saying is carphone warehouse will be losing out big time by giving every single customer another £100 worth of good's, did you see the amount of activity on the day of the price cut? id say most people who have bought it , bought on the day or so of the cut, there have only been a few reported case's of the mistaken voucher, im just being realistic with the fact i cant see everyone buyingthe iphone now, getting the voucher, if your right, if im wrong.... well will eat my hat.

Apparently a huge number of people did get one in error - see the original thread in deals. It also appears that CPW are doing their best to rectify this by tackling people with these vouchers in-store. If anyone has one and feels it's ok to ty their luck, I'd do it soonest...

HankMcSpank;1971484

No iphones in any North London CPW , so I didn't produce my voucher.The … No iphones in any North London CPW , so I didn't produce my voucher.The small print indicates it can be used against *anything*....can anyone say (who knows about this stuff) what would be the best 'bang for the buck' would be to use the £100 voucher on? (even to resell!).Or does anyone in North London want to buy it ....on the basis if they won't accept it (I paid £169 for my iphone & not the £269 they seem to think!) I'll give you a refund

I can confirm that you can't redeem the voucher against an iPhone as the iPhone must be bought in full using a UK registered debit/credit card. I sweet talked the staff but they wouldn't budge, so I'm stuck with a £100 voucher that I don't really want, which expires in June.

:pirate:CJ:pirate:

cutthroat_jake;1972954

I can confirm that you can't redeem the voucher against an iPhone as the … I can confirm that you can't redeem the voucher against an iPhone as the iPhone must be bought in full using a UK registered debit/credit card. I sweet talked the staff but they wouldn't budge, so I'm stuck with a £100 voucher that I don't really want, which expires in June.:pirate:CJ:pirate:

they said i could use it to buy another iphone and that i'd only have to pay the difference, they also had one instock when i called early yesterday morning, just when I thought I was in business, the lady came back saying that the voucher was in the process of being raised and it'd only be valid from 1st of May or something, oh well, i'll try my luck later

Well I can confirm that the shops are not accepting the voucher against an iphone. I intend to have a go at CPW's online bods once the phones are back in stock having now looked at the terms and conditions of the "ulitmate price promise".

It says:-

[FONT="Arial Narrow"]If the price you paid for your handset on the same network and tariff is higher than the price listed in our following month's Buyers' Guide, we'll send you a credit voucher for the difference. Your entitlement for a credit voucher is subject to you having provided permission to our sales consultants (whether at point of purchase or later) for direct marketing and other information to be sent to you. The voucher may be used as part payment for mobile phones, accessories and data products ("Goods") of a higher value or to pay for Goods up to the voucher's face value without further payment. The voucher is valid until the date specified on it and is to be used within one month of issue. The voucher is transferable to friends and family only. No cashback or refunds are available if you buy Goods for less than the face value of the voucher. Only one voucher of this type can be used per purchase and the voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other Carphone Warehouse voucher. The voucher cannot be used for any Carphone Warehouse insurance packages, insurance excess, out of warranty repairs, airtime or airtime vouchers, gift vouchers, Memory Master or credit check deposit. Allow approximately 28 days for delivery. No cash alternative. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Full terms and conditions will be printed on the reverse of voucher.[/FONT]

On the basis of this warranty there is no reason why they should not allow people to use it against a phone. I have 59 days before it runs out. Watch this space!

Steve
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine11
    2. Win a Mazona Olympus 8kW multi-fuel stove @ Gr8 Fires33
    3. Jazz apple slicer for the price of a stamp33
    4. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains55

See more discussions