Groups
    EXPIRED

100Hz 32inch HD TV advice

Im looking for a 100hz HDTV at the moment and looking to spend about £400-450ish, is this a realistic price for a good named model or am i dreaming at this price

3 Comments

Original Poster

jonnyq;4647701

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-32PG6000-32-Plasma-TV/dp/B001DXAYD6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1237140384&sr=8-1here are some comments on the model - http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-televisions/808059-lg-32pg6000-part-1-a.html:thumbsup:

Thanks for that, one thing though, as i play a lot of COD4 online i have heard that plasmas can suffer from an image being burnt onto the screen from gaming, if, for example, i leave my PS3 on and switch to watch tv etc, so if you are a gamer stay away from a plasma, is that true do you think?

Original Poster

jonnyq;4647830

before everyone starts the lcd vs plasma (and soon oled) warfrom my … before everyone starts the lcd vs plasma (and soon oled) warfrom my personal experience, i have used mine to play ps3 games - i have had no screen burn issues - you can tweak the settings (check the avforums for what the members say) if you are concerned about italso, it was a better choice for me because i play non-hd games as well - eg. gamecube, dreamcast and ps2 games - and plasmas are better for standard definition content

Tbh i never even thought about a plasma, i think i was put of them years ago when i saw Andy Peters on tv turn around and bang his nose on a plasma screen behind him and he burnt his nose, i pmsl (just tried to find the video clip but alas i cant)

The set looks great and im 99% just near the edge of buying it, i just cant commit my finger to press the purchase button,

Original Poster

jonnyq;4648097

he wanted to kiss the screen i think - that clip is a classic :-Dthe … he wanted to kiss the screen i think - that clip is a classic :-Dthe technology is better nowadays but i wouldn't recommend kissing a plasma

lol, neither would i, but i bet Andy Peters has kissed much worse:-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. sky q is it a good deal?55
      2. Speccing a gaming pc37
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      4. Best IPTV Paid service?1721

See more discussions