Groups

100Hz

I've got a 1080p HD TV that runs at 100Hz but I find I still get blurring while watching old TV programmes like Fraser, is this normal? Is it because being old US shows are not filmed in PAL (I think that's what we use) and they are always fuzzy.

8 Comments

Banned

Fraser was filmed at SD your TV is HD, you need to get the DVD's and use a DVD player that upscales.

Can't help you with the blurring though

Standard Definition on a SD TV
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2617/4080356112_34461d08a4_o.jpg

Standard definition on a HD TV
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2645/4079596479_e87b0a5d75_o.jpg

High definition on a HD TV
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2606/4079597615_4a32f708c3_b.jpg

Banned

not everything is filmed in HD mate.......

casparwhite;6798956

not everything is filmed in HD mate.......

Pretty much everything IS filmed in HD (probably far greater than 1080p)
    how do you think you can get HD versions of movies etc when they didnt have todays "HD cameras" a lot of hard work and remastering of the orginal film that was in a very high res.

Banned

SOSAGES;6799028

Pretty much everything IS filmed in HD (probably far greater than 1080p) … Pretty much everything IS filmed in HD (probably far greater than 1080p) how do you think you can get HD versions of movies etc when they didnt have todays "HD cameras" a lot of hard work and remastering of the orginal film that was in a very high res.

:lol: all the old ones are upscaled

100Hz isn't really worth while if your watching normal programming. Anything fast paced will especially benefit from 100Hz such as sport and action films.

With regards to old programming, most of this will be upscaled, most likely by your television! The quality of the upscale will vary as there is quite a bit of processing involved. Some makes are better than others at this so the blurring may just be down to the model you have rather than a faulty set.

lumoruk;6799052

:lol: all the old ones are upscaled

Don't forget that the resolution of analog film is amazingly high to start with most films are created using 35mm film (we can discuss the pro's and con's of that later )
    this 35mm frame contains roughly 18 megapixels worth of analog data - they then scan this in and do a load of noise-reduction and restoration work on it.

i expect the reason its blurry for you is you need to adjust your tv settings i have never owned a TV and had it perfect out of the box i have roughly 10 presets on mine depending on what im watching and what the source is...its a complicated thing these days!

Banned

SOSAGES;6800258

Don't forget that the resolution of analog film is amazingly high to … Don't forget that the resolution of analog film is amazingly high to start with most films are created using 35mm film (we can discuss the pro's and con's of that later )this 35mm frame contains roughly 18 megapixels worth of analog data - they then scan this in and do a load of noise-reduction and restoration work on it.

Yeah 35mm is really good quality but it's not filmed in HD (digital) as you suggested, quality/colour/sharpness would be lost in the conversion :thumbsup:

Original Poster

I used what hi-fi to tune my TV.

I've heard that if the TV show is old and the frames aren't there then if the TV is refreshing itself at 100Hz then you will get blurring but I don't know if this is true lol.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1958
      2. word association Game73944530
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767358
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424414492

See more discussions