Groups

1080 TI release

What are your thoughts hopefully 1070/1080 cheaper

13 Comments

$700!!

Prices are unlikely to move much if at all on them, Nvidia rarely change their prices for things like this.

prices already dropped last week. will be a few more before anything major chnages, or when vega retails

Don't think the 1080 will drop any further unless AMD Vega shakes things up.

Though you might grab a bargain on eBay with the influx of people flogging their 1080 to upgrade to a ti.

I'm sticking with my 1080 until the 1180 gets released, the ti looks great but the performance jump is just too small to justify.

They've dropped the MSRP of the 1080 by $100?!

Yeah most comments on here haven't actually read up on the news. Seems the release of the Ti will have far greater impact on pricing for old models than most on here expected. 1080 to reduce to $499, so expect similar GBP price.

So what can we expect from Vega? Getting mixed messages about if it's just going to be a few high end £400+ cards or a complete range.

Yes 1080/1070 will drop in price. (confirmed by Nvidia)

As long as the 1080ti comes in at £699, which i think is a very good price compared to the Titan XP.

I'm not spending on GPUs until i see vega, and how it teams up with a raven ridge.

Hopefully, after all the time on the hype train, AMD will be deserving of my cash.

alanbeenthere

I'm not spending on GPUs until i see vega, and how it teams up with a … I'm not spending on GPUs until i see vega, and how it teams up with a raven ridge.Hopefully, after all the time on the hype train, AMD will be deserving of my cash.

Have fun waiting!

GotBass

Have fun waiting!

I sure will, a bit of gaming should help pass the time.

alanbeenthere

I sure will, a bit of gaming should help pass the time.:)

I assume on an AMD card?

Nvidia is eating up the high end market...

GotBass

I assume on an AMD card?Nvidia is eating up the high end market...

SLI 970's chugging along fine.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery66
      2. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow919
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251372
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would31125

See more discussions