Expired

10p extra for their "FREE" Costa from Wuntu

Found 22nd Mar
So I went to Costa in Wandsworth Southside to claim my "FREE" Costa from Wuntu and I was told that the prices have changed.

So the voucher with a value of £2.35 doesn't cover the full cost of a promo dei k that's now £2.45

The guy that served me was quite nice and he told me i wasn't the only one he'd seen with the same issue. He kindly waived the 10p on this occasion, but he said I'd have to contact 3 n let them know so the update the value of the voucher.

Is it just me this happens to? Or is it specific to this branch? I don't usually go there, I just happened to be in shopping centre n though I could redeem it there.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
value is always 2.35 if you spend more you pay the difference wuntuu offer is for 2.35 not a free drink
I am genuinely amazed that some can "appear" to complain about getting a £2.45 coffee for just 10 pence but probably thinks nothing of paying the complete £2.45 amount the next day, and the next and so on.

It does state in the T&C's that the value of the deal is £2.35
What's the problem, everyone who uses the app who read terms know it's upto £2.35 and you pay the extra. I got a cappuchino and had to pay 35p but didn't moan about it as I knew. If the basic cost of a drink has gone up at Costa then that's the 10p you paid.
mattmerch2 h, 19 m ago

value is always 2.35 if you spend more you pay the difference wuntuu …value is always 2.35 if you spend more you pay the difference wuntuu offer is for 2.35 not a free drink

No, the offer is a "free coffee". We're fully aware that the voucher is worth only £2.35 but that doesn't change what is advertised
MadeDixonsCry19 m ago

No, the offer is a "free coffee". We're fully aware that the voucher is …No, the offer is a "free coffee". We're fully aware that the voucher is worth only £2.35 but that doesn't change what is advertised

33492334-oq9yL.jpg
Clearly it states quote "to the value of £2.35"

So by your reckoning if the coffee was £5.67 you would expect one totally free, despite the fact the T&C's CLEARLY state a maximum value?

So it also goes, by YOUR reckoning, we in fact should not be able to have a tea, because, after all, as pointed out by you, it says "free coffee".
Edited by: "artnada" 22nd Mar
No, I would expect a "computer says no" response because I read the terms and conditions but a layman reasonably relying on the subject of the offer should expect a free coffee of some sort.
its the same with the Dominoes pizza, you get a free 7" cheese and tomato, you can add toppings, some are free upto a point, any extras are charged. Its still free until you want more then you pay the extra. The Costa offer says free coffee but I do get your point it should say free hot drink with a * next to it.

My free Costa hot drink today cost me £1.59 as I went to McDonalds instead as I dont like Costa, their coffee makes me sick.
I used mine yesterday and the cost was covered in full.
Maybe some stores charge more?
AndroidMan40 m ago

I used mine yesterday and the cost was covered in full.Maybe some stores …I used mine yesterday and the cost was covered in full.Maybe some stores charge more?

Some charge more due to some branches are individual franchises. Don't want to pay extra then go the main branches.

costa.co.uk/bus…es/
Its a free coffee if you buy a coffee with a value of £2.35 or below.

So simple really
maybe some stores charge more?

the one i go to doesn't
33495211-HVtJB.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants