1100 pound for a new tv

Posted 19th May
obviously with one eye on ps5 and Xbox. is there a TV at that price that would be good
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Of course. Firstly, size? For that price you can get an OLED etc in 55. However you would fall short on 65 unless you buy used.
How far away are you sitting?
Sorry for my lack of information 55 inch max I can have, and sitting about six feet away.
Edited by: "Keiron_Martin" 19th May
Keiron_Martin19/05/2020 11:12

Sorry for my lack of information 55 inch max I can have, and sitting about …Sorry for my lack of information 55 inch max I can have, and sitting about six feet away.

Maybe a bit smaller for that distance?
40799356-rFnR7.jpg
See above. That said, I would still enjoy a 55 myself.
Not having to move your head /eyes around so much makes you more competitive if you are playing online shooters for instance, but it is more cinematic to have a big screen (particularly if you also intend to watch movies etc).
They are releasing a 48" OLED but that is £1400 still so not good value.
From memory the 55C9 does 4k at 120hz (if you want that for the PS5) but the 55B9 does not (I could be wrong). If you are worried about screen burn as you play the same game a lot (with a static part of the screen) then perhaps you want a Samsung QLED instead.
Of course,you could buy a lower spec TV for £500 and save your cash for now. It depends how much you value a top spec TV. A £1100 TV from 2 years ago will be about £500 now if you want to go down that route YOu can often find them for sale with the remainder of a 5 year warranty
I was looking at the q85r but this doesn't have hdmi 2.1
The LG C9 is vote for. I have the C8 and it’s awesome!!
If yoiu only have one eye then you should be able to get away with buying a small TV.
c9 is the obvious choice, don't go for QLED as the new consoles won't be supporting HDR10+, only HDR10 and Dolby Vision for gaming, should make your decision easier.
Couldn't afford c9 but went for b9, hope I have made right choice
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions