118 118 rip off

hi everyone. ive just recieved an astonishingly large phone bill! after looking through it, it seems that the charges have come from me ringing 118 most costing around £2.50. but one that really stood out was for £37!!! yes £37 for a 25 min call to bt. (i rang directories for bt's number, they say "shall i put you through?" i said yes pls!) i cannot believe it! anyone else had this problem. im guessing there is no way to recoup the money?!

9 Comments

Oh, never let them put you through - its costs pounds per minute!!! Total ripoff

Sorry but there is something amusing in ringing 118 118 to get the number for your phone provider. Not a chance you can reclaim the money you used the services they offer without researching what it actually costs.

Lol, you never get them to put you through!

Come to think of it why does anyone use 118 at all? Google has the number for pretty much anything

Original Poster

oh ive definately learned my lesson!

Maybe if you're in the house and have internet access it would be better to use the online directory enquiries, because it's free. Just a thought.

Original Poster

i was out in the car and my other half decided we had to ring them there and then............. hmmmm maybe he should pay for it!

i dont know why people complain about this, it tells you your being connected and call charges before it connects.

Theres also a thing called google and yell! oh and a good old directory!

michelle2207

i was out in the car and my other half decided we had to ring them there … i was out in the car and my other half decided we had to ring them there and then............. hmmmm maybe he should pay for it!

Or maybe a swift kick in the unmentionables would be more appropriate.

Think you've learned an harsh lesson, Remember google is your friend, 118 so blooming irritating and a waste of time.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Better watch out for these...914
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763990
    3. Any PS4 News Here29213595
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846087

See more discussions