12 months rental up front issue

Posted 5th Jun
Anyone else pays 12 months line rental upfront to save money on their line rental.

Though this is a good way to save £££ during the first 12 months however for the last 6 months on a typical 18 months contract there is 0 savings unless you do another 12 months upfront but then there call/broadband deal will be up for renewal. So you'll always be in a situation where you'll renew one but have to wait further 6 months to renew the other.

Just don't understand why telephone companies don't offer this for the whole duration of the contract.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I've done this a few times when using BT broadband and landline and think it's a great way to save a bit of money.
Yes, the overlap is bad however it works for them as it makes things awkward for you so there's more chance of you remaining to make more savings by committing again for another 12 months.
I have a 2 year contract (Plusnet) and pay 12 months line rental up front.
Did it for 5-6 years with VM.
To make money, that’s the point. It’s an offer to get you in, then stick you up. Your choice to take or not..
Vm have removed the pay up front option
Did it with Talktalk for 5+ years and now with Plusnet for 4 years.
Edited by: "bigwheels" 6th Jun
bigwheels06/06/2020 09:42

Did it with Talktalk for 5+ years and now with Plusnet for 4 years.

Currently with Plusnet and my 12 month upfront expires this month. Do PN offer deals during renewals?

What happens if one leaves, is there a part refund on the upfront?
rimalpatel00706/06/2020 09:56

Currently with Plusnet and my 12 month upfront expires this month. Do PN …Currently with Plusnet and my 12 month upfront expires this month. Do PN offer deals during renewals?What happens if one leaves, is there a part refund on the upfront?

If you leave you loose out.
It states that when you a paying.
Post a comment
@
    Text