1200 Platinum Trophies!!!

Banned
Just saw this article over on Eurogamer about a bloke who had just over 1200 platinum trophies!

Fair play to the guy as it looks like he's had to play pretty much every game that supports trophies, so there's a hell of a lot of **** in there! If it's his passion and what he wants to do with his time, again fair play.

But on the flip side, some of his attitude is what makes me find the big trophy hunters to be utter cock wobbles! The whole "weak and no spirit" because you don't play a shed load of utter crap games I find pretty sad and pathetic.

He says he works and has a family and social life, how??? Honestly how?? I have an understanding other half and a reasonable amount of time on my hands, but no way could I cram that all in every day!

However Sony not recognising his 'achievement'

Anyway, I'll shut up rambling and open it up to the floor for thoughts and opinions

eurogamer.net/art…ies

Top comments

Original Poster Banned

bernardsfingers

What's the point of platinum trophies?

You get a massive virtual willy
Edited by: "Marcoos" 4th May

Thats a lot of games to platinum, id much rather play one good game and enjoy over playing a crap game just for the achievement/trophys though

darkspace100

This is insane. Imagine what he could have achieved instead of hunting … This is insane. Imagine what he could have achieved instead of hunting pointless trophies. Starting your own company, learn a new language or something. I like gaming as much as everyone but it should be a small part of your life and when you want to relax. Also how many of those games did he actually enjoy? I play games for fun not treat it as a checklist or job.

​Starting a company that then goes down the pan causing you to lose your wife and house.. Nah I'd rather play it safe and get a platinum trophy..
46 Comments

Thats a lot of games to platinum, id much rather play one good game and enjoy over playing a crap game just for the achievement/trophys though

Hero.

Original Poster Banned

johnwillowlfc

Thats a lot of games to platinum, id much rather play one good game and … Thats a lot of games to platinum, id much rather play one good game and enjoy over playing a crap game just for the achievement/trophys though

Couldn't agree more. If it's a game I really like and enjoy, I will try for the platinum if I can. But won't go out of my way to play games I don't really want to

Original Poster Banned

bernardsfingers

You get a massive virtual willy
Edited by: "Marcoos" 4th May

Blimey he must be pretty angry due to playing all the dire games he has had to play to get that. It would turn playing games into a chore, so whats the point....
Edited by: "Arcturas" 4th May

I read this too, can I couldnt help but think he was fishing for some sort of free stuff from Sony.. Also some of his comments make him sound like a right tool, and that he doesn't enjoy gaming at all and has himself a serious problem..

I think he would be better playing less games and spending time with his boy..
Edited by: "haritori" 5th May

OCD.

OCD.

OCD.

Original Poster Banned

haritori

I read this too, can I couldnt help but think he was fishing for some … I read this too, can I couldnt help but think he was fishing for some sort of free stuff from Sony.. Also some of his comments make him sound like a right tool, and that he doesn't enjoying gaming at all and has himself a serious problem.. I think he would be better playing less games and spending time with his boy..

That's the thing I really struggle to comprehend about this guy. How is he finding the time, it just doesn't add up to me.

I used to follow this trophy hunter on Twitter, he followed me for some reason so I followed back, he's quite similar, plays a lot of games and really rattles through them. But also claims to work a lot and also be such a family man.

These people either don't sleep, or they are neglecting major parts of their lives

haritori

I read this too, can I couldnt help but think he was fishing for some … I read this too, can I couldnt help but think he was fishing for some sort of free stuff from Sony.. Also some of his comments make him sound like a right tool, and that he doesn't enjoying gaming at all and has himself a serious problem.. I think he would be better playing less games and spending time with his boy..

Totoro!!!!

crazymonkey

Totoro!!!!

http://static.hotukdeals.com/images/avatars/avatar57959_31.jpg

Marcoos

That's the thing I really struggle to comprehend about this guy. How is … That's the thing I really struggle to comprehend about this guy. How is he finding the time, it just doesn't add up to me. I used to follow this trophy hunter on Twitter, he followed me for some reason so I followed back, he's quite similar, plays a lot of games and really rattles through them. But also claims to work a lot and also be such a family man. These people either don't sleep, or they are neglecting major parts of their lives

I know a few younger guys who are happy sitting up all night and sleeping most of the day playing online shooters.. and I mean fair enough if they are happy with that, but I see there seriously fine girlfriends going to bed all alone and unhappy! and here I am winking at the wife while she is begging me to stay up playing games

This is insane. Imagine what he could have achieved instead of hunting pointless trophies. Starting your own company, learn a new language or something. I like gaming as much as everyone but it should be a small part of your life and when you want to relax. Also how many of those games did he actually enjoy? I play games for fun not treat it as a checklist or job.

darkspace100

This is insane. Imagine what he could have achieved instead of hunting … This is insane. Imagine what he could have achieved instead of hunting pointless trophies. Starting your own company, learn a new language or something. I like gaming as much as everyone but it should be a small part of your life and when you want to relax. Also how many of those games did he actually enjoy? I play games for fun not treat it as a checklist or job.

​Starting a company that then goes down the pan causing you to lose your wife and house.. Nah I'd rather play it safe and get a platinum trophy..

That's a plat a day for over 3 years. Either his wife's an avid gamer too or the milkman is squaring her away every morning

Funny, I have 1201 accounts, I platted My Name is Mayo on each of them. Only took me around 400 hours

I wonder how he doesn't appear in the leader board, cheating perhaps? That other fella is currently top on 1225.

psnprofiles.com/lea…ard

I have 41 platinums

BroonSauce

I wonder how he doesn't appear in the leader board, cheating perhaps? … I wonder how he doesn't appear in the leader board, cheating perhaps? That other fella is currently top on 1225.https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard

They're both unofficial tracking sites and inclusion is optional.

Puts my 1 platinum to shame!

I have zero platinums and proud (owned every playstation so far)... Must be a strong feeling of satisfaction to prefer it over the feeling of fun from playing decent games, or getting out and about.

Must not be getting that satisfaction elsewhere.... Off the record quote - "it's better than sex"...

On PS3 you could download certain game saves which had all trophies. All you had to do was load the game up and they would all ping up.
You can tell if the have done this by the time stamps of the trophies.

buckham_uk

That's a plat a day for over 3 years. Either his wife's an avid gamer too … That's a plat a day for over 3 years. Either his wife's an avid gamer too or the milkman is squaring her away every morning

Pat Mustard comes to mind.

http://i.imgur.com/a9xDwBL.gif

he sound like a prat

cannibalwombat

Pat Mustard comes to mind.

https://img.memesuper.com/9128e6fad9f16bddfcd511211750b5a8_have-some-pat-mustard-pat-mustard-memes_245-190.gif

psn don't like people look what they do if your account is hacked they block your account and tell you to deal with it and that guy has now made himself a target to hacking trolls

splatsplatsplat

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp8xp1TNpq1qcq88vo1_500.png

bigmike13788

I have 41 platinums

I have 47, and they're all MLG Pro Gamer super duper hard platinums that n00bz like you could never earn.

What do I win?

darkspace100

I play games for fun not treat it as a checklist or job.

Good for you!

I would offer a slight revision to one of your comments though and suggest that gaming should be as much a part of a person's life as they want it to be, so long as they're not harming themselves or anyone else.

bernardsfingers

My platinum trophies mark which games I've loved enough to play to absolute competition. To me they signify how much I like a game, not how good I am at PlayStation.

I know that isn't the same for everyone though.

Fair play to the guy, it's a massive achievement whether it was done by grinding or for the love.

Original Poster Banned

cannibalwombat

I have 47, and they're all MLG Pro Gamer super duper hard platinums that … I have 47, and they're all MLG Pro Gamer super duper hard platinums that n00bz like you could never earn. What do I win?

Extra length and girth on your virtual willy

buckham_uk

That's a plat a day for over 3 years. Either his wife's an avid gamer too … That's a plat a day for over 3 years. Either his wife's an avid gamer too or the milkman is squaring her away every morning

True. Platinums were introduced in 2008 so it is quite possible it was one every three days but yeah it is a lot.

psntrophyleaders.com/lea…ain

Hasn't played Battlefield. Trophy hunters have no fun. I checked this recently when thought I had enough to compete, gave up after realising I'm way behind, plus I don't play panzy games.
Edited by: "Pacman786" 5th May

damn, i only have 206

...bronze

I'd rather stick to games I find fun, I don't chase trophies I just enjoy whatever game until I'm bored. So only 4 Platinum's for me, the best one was Driveclub. Filling the void until Gran Turismo appears.

Original Poster Banned

BroonSauce

I wonder how he doesn't appear in the leader board, cheating perhaps? … I wonder how he doesn't appear in the leader board, cheating perhaps? That other fella is currently top on 1225.https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard

Does seem to be rumours the account was/is being used by multiple people. But he claims the site owner just doesn't like him and banned him...

super_leeds_86

I'd rather stick to games I find fun, I don't chase trophies I just enjoy … I'd rather stick to games I find fun, I don't chase trophies I just enjoy whatever game until I'm bored. So only 4 Platinum's for me, the best one was Driveclub. Filling the void until Gran Turismo appears.

Pfft, filthy platinum peasant!

Just the one for me. Assassins creed II glyphs took forever to find!

cannibalwombat

Good for you! I would offer a slight revision to one of your comments … Good for you! I would offer a slight revision to one of your comments though and suggest that gaming should be as much a part of a person's life as they want it to be, so long as they're not harming themselves or anyone else.

I guess if you want to be a lowlife who does nothing but play videogames all day then go right ahead and follow his lead.

Edited by: "darkspace100" 6th May
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What an absolute disgrace2152
    2. Better watch out for these...913
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763971
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846086

See more discussions