Groups
    EXPIRED

13" Laptop

I am looking for a new laptop as I need it for work and the usual web browsing.

I am hoping to find a 13 inch laptop which has a good proccessor, decent RAM and a HDMI output so I can connect it to my monitor.

I have found some 13 inch laptops with what im looking for but they are too expensive for me and I am looking to find something for around the £300 mark.

I need some ideas!

Any help will be much appreciated..

Thanks

5 Comments

unless you look at refurbs you wont get a decent cpu and hdmi for £300 as 13" laptops carry a premium over 15" laptops of a similar spec.

people want the portability of a netbook with the power of a laptop and 13" lappys are a good compromise.

Original Poster

Any suggestions to what I should do then?

mark9412;8039568

Any suggestions to what I should do then?

Wait until you can afford to spend a little more.

I can recommend the ]HP DM3-1020EA. It's well priced, of a sensible specification and well made. Unfortunately being designed to be slim and cheap means that the optical drive is not built in, but instead an external USB unit.

Sold 2 of these to a customer, to use by his kids for school. Feedback from them is very good. Only complain they had was the nasty mirror finish touch pad.

Original Poster

SUMMONER;8040608

Wait until you can afford to spend a little more.I can recommend the ]HP … Wait until you can afford to spend a little more.I can recommend the ]HP DM3-1020EA. It's well priced, of a sensible specification and well made. Unfortunately being designed to be slim and cheap means that the optical drive is not built in, but instead an external USB unit.Sold 2 of these to a customer, to use by his kids for school. Feedback from them is very good. Only complain they had was the nasty mirror finish touch pad.

Thanks for the advice.

This looks like a great laptop but it doesn't have a HDMI output?

Hmm, I think all the 13" laptops with the spec I want are out of my price range?

Thanks anyway.

EDIT: Just realised it does have a HDMI ouput, sorry.

Original Poster

Still stuck

Looks as if im just going to have to wait till I have more money to spend..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563822
      2. Feels weird!923
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047196
      4. Jaffa quake as McVitie's cuts pack sizes - BBC News22

See more discussions