Found 15th Dec 2009
my laptop has finally died

so i need a new one, the netbooks are too small but i like the look of and size of the 13" laptops. i only need it for word and excel and surfing the net.

as always any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

5 Comments

tesco do a nice little acer?

Original Poster

sounds good do you have a link?

i thought the same about netbooks as well, being too small, but I've now got 2 netbooks, well one is for my daughter :gift::santa: They are ideal for surfing the net & for word, mine are 10" ones, 160gb hd's, the only extra thing i bought was an external dvd drive for burning disc's.

worth a consideration :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks but i've had a play around with the netbook and typing seems like i'm hunched over on it, plus my hands are too big!

I was looking at the 13" ]HP Pavilion DM3 in one of the Micro Anvika shops the other day. Looks like a mighty fine machine (oozes quality, style and has a seriously low profile), also at ~ £550 it is not a budget model. ]HP website with more spec.

If it had a track point, rather than a track pad, I would actually consider one as the next laptop upgrade. As it stands I will stick with my favourite, Thinkpad X Series.

]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/09/dm3-top-02.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1951380
    2. Show us your Photos 2017. October's Theme - 'Anything'32486
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247615
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604803

See more discussions