Expired

13/14" screen laptop

5 replies
Found 29th Aug 2010
Hi all. im looking for a 13" or 14" laptop. i see many offers for 15"+ but really i'd prefer something smaller and more portable. my main uses would be 1080p playback and some light/moderate gaming. also my budget is flexible.

5 Comments

The New Sony Viao E Series have 14" screens and have decent specs, but you may be paying a premium, about 650.00

Original Poster

cheers haritori. how would the viao E range compare with the likes of this hotukdeals.com/dea…249 performance wise? im not up to date with my laptops im afraid lol still using a 5 year old inspiron

Original Poster

any other well priced 13/14" laptops out there? the sony viaos look great but theyr slightly out of my price range! unless of course there's a hot deal somewhere8)

If you dont mind buying 2nd hand the Dell D430's are coming out at about£200-250, most of them have still got the manufacturers guarantee. They have dual core processors and usually 2gb ram. I just bought one for £200 and its got 20 months on-site warranty left on it! These have 12" screens, but are fantastic. Far better than any Netbook and more powerful. I have upgraded to Win 7 and it runs like a dream :-)
Alternatively try the Dell inspiron 11 www1.euro.dell.com/uk/…hs1
Or the Dell Latitude 13 or latitude 4000 series at this link
www1.euro.dell.com/uk/…dt1

reviews.comet.co.uk/033…htm

Although its not online anymore, many of the Comet stores Ive been to still have this.
It's £450 and is extremely capable having Dedicated 512MB graphics. The CPU isnt too bad either, about as good as this AMD Turion X2 2Ghz Im using now.

It also has a DVD drive, which is pretty awesome for its size and the battery life is around 4-6.5 hours in real world usage.

This will do 1080p but I dont get why you'd be using it for that as there's not many laptops of this size it'd be effective on with them being screen resolutions of 1366x768.

play.com/PC/…tml

Its pretty much identical to the Play.com one but I think the ones at Comet have 3GB RAM & 250 GB HDD instead of 4GB & 320GB
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769571
    2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710988
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3167
    4. Add one, leave one game54415463

See more discussions