Groups
    EXPIRED

14" Boys Bike

Banned
    Hi all, I'm looking for the cheapest 14" wheel bike for my 4 year old. Its his first bike after a tricycle, so it needs stabilisers. At least one brake and a bell. I would prefer to keep away from the theme bikes, i.e. 'bob the builder', 'power rangers', etc.

Cheers :thumbsup:

4 Comments

I'm lookin 4 the same thing, this is the best one I've found so far, dunno if it's any good for u..no bell tho

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

Original Poster Banned

Sebby

I'm lookin 4 the same thing, this is the best one I've found so far, … I'm lookin 4 the same thing, this is the best one I've found so far, dunno if it's any good for u..no bell thohttp://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/zone/specialOfferZone/C$PROMOTION/1/partNumber/3321133/Trail/zone%3DspecialOfferZone.Special+Offers%3EC%24cip%3D1500006108.Toys%2Band%2Bbaby%3EC%24cip%3D1500006186.Bikes%2Band%2Boutdoor%2Btoys%3EC%24cip%3D1500006188.Bicycles.htm

We had seen that deal, thanks though, I was just hoping to better it.. Also Argos don't tend to have any promotional codes. I might wait to see if they have the spend £50 get £5 voucher, £100 for £10 voucher deal that they have had for the last 2 years before xmas. We have a bit of time, its not needed until December.

Cheers

What I'd recommend I suspect won't be the cheapest, but are a well made, good solid bike, with no gimmicks:-

]Ridgeback MX24

Seems to meet the age range. As I said, this is unlikely to be the cheapest, but will likely be the best built one you'll get for the money. I recently bought the smaller one (MX14) for my son's 3rd birthday. And they are very solid: alloy frame, alloy wheels, front and rear V-brakes; and feel like a well made, quality item. I guess for a slightly older child, this may well make sense, as the next size up from mine is probably of use for 2-3 years.

No gimmicks on styling or equipment, just well made, solid, and classy looking.

Apologies that it doesn't meet the criteria of the cheapest - but that may well be a false economy, if bits break or fall off - and this is what I'd heartily recommend as a bike for a young 'un that may well get lots of use.

Original Poster Banned

Lester Burnham

What I'd recommend I suspect won't be the cheapest, but are a well made, … What I'd recommend I suspect won't be the cheapest, but are a well made, good solid bike, with no gimmicks:-]Ridgeback MX24Seems to meet the age range. As I said, this is unlikely to be the cheapest, but will likely be the best built one you'll get for the money. I recently bought the smaller one (MX14) for my son's 3rd birthday. And they are very solid: alloy frame, alloy wheels, front and rear V-brakes; and feel like a well made, quality item. I guess for a slightly older child, this may well make sense, as the next size up from mine is probably of use for 2-3 years.No gimmicks on styling or equipment, just well made, solid, and classy looking.Apologies that it doesn't meet the criteria of the cheapest - but that may well be a false economy, if bits break or fall off - and this is what I'd heartily recommend as a bike for a young 'un that may well get lots of use.

I must admit I generally think along the same lines as you fella, pay a little bit more now for better build and dont pay as much later. However he's extremely destructive (put it this way we cannot leave him with a pen unattended, else we get new drawings on the walls), I feel whichever bike we get him it will last a couple of years at most. Hopefully he will have got out of the destructive stage by then and we will pay out a bit more the next time. I'll keep your reccomendation for the next bike.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Stream Showbox from Bluestacks?11
      2. HUKD new UI44
      3. PayPal payment cancellation?11
      4. Decent 4k TV on a budget22

See more discussions