Banned
    When to leave school?
    Highers?
    Standard Grades?
    Training?
    Pay?

All the bits and Bobs, Thanks.

15 Comments

you could help out at the local farm and gain first hand experience, a form of work experience. just don't visit the local butchers, it could affect your aspiration.

Talk to Sting ;-)

I suppose it's about which part of the police you want to join or aspire to be in really that affects decisions.

emasu;4373067

Talk to Sting ;-)

lol!

myaser88;4373052

you could help out at the local farm and gain first hand experience, a … you could help out at the local farm and gain first hand experience, a form of work experience. just don't visit the local butchers, it could affect your aspiration.

lol :-D

my sons doing a public service course that covers police, fire and army his really enjoying the course his able to see all parts of public service he wanted to work as fire officer but cant join till his 21 but now he might join army
    he goes away with the army quite alot
    his away next week with mod to do riot training
    his been away with fire services and police
    it might be an idea

Why join such a corrupt establishment as the police? ..seriously!
    from this week (as I recall) & please do check this out via the Guardian Newspaper or similar, public are no longer allowed to take photos of the police on grounds of anti-terrorism, basically this means that they can do no good & take you in if you try & get evidence against them.
    for years now the police have been ordering people not to take photos (when its up to you) & intimidating or damaging cameras etc at places where monitoring of the police has been as important as monitoring the people.
    ..Police at recent powerstation demo's were hiding their faces from photography (and they weren't necessarily acting for public good)
    more public rights eroded.
    what if the police had seized the "rodney king tapes" ?

ttwcd;4373221

my sons doing a public service course that covers police, fire and army … my sons doing a public service course that covers police, fire and army his really enjoying the course his able to see all parts of public service he wanted to work as fire officer but cant join till his 21 but now he might join army he goes away with the army quite alot his away next week with mod to do riot training his been away with fire services and police it might be an idea

sorry didnt say what qualification he would get at the end its the same as two alevels
    and thats two years studing at college

Depending on which Police force you think you might like to join...have a look on their career websites.
    i.e. The Met police have a cadet scheme which one can join at 14.
    metpolicecareers.co.uk/sti…tml
    There is other info on there too re qualifications etc.
    Obviously the more qualified you are the easier it will be to apply for higher rank etc.
    police-recruitment.com/3/j…php good luck

Banned

MR GUS;4373380

Why join such a corrupt establishment as the police? ..seriously!from … Why join such a corrupt establishment as the police? ..seriously!from this week (as I recall) & please do check this out via the Guardian Newspaper or similar, public are no longer allowed to take photos of the police on grounds of anti-terrorism, basically this means that they can do no good & take you in if you try & get evidence against them.for years now the police have been ordering people not to take photos (when its up to you) & intimidating or damaging cameras etc at places where monitoring of the police has been as important as monitoring the people...Police at recent powerstation demo's were hiding their faces from photography (and they weren't necessarily acting for public good)more public rights eroded.what if the police had seized the "rodney king tapes" ?

hahahaha police bashing bring it on....

starsparkle2311;4374131

good course to be doing, all kids under 21 without quals should be made … good course to be doing, all kids under 21 without quals should be made to do it!!!!!!Don't you think?Solve a lot of probs I think, bit too obvious and simple for our country tho'!:w00t:

he loves the course its very phisical, his always in in gym building his staminia up
    he as just been asked by some army guys that he has met to do the three peeks challenge in april in support of heroes so he has started training for this (i just hope he dont join the army next i know its his choice and i would support him but its something i would perfer him not to do)
    tell you the truth ive never seen him so happy his course is only three days a week but he goes to college five days to help train the year below

there is a police cadet place in luton , not sure if thats near you ,, but heres the link for more info,,, my son , will be doing this when he turns 16

bedfordshirepoliceauthority.co.uk/PUB…htm

Banned

MR GUS;4373380

Why join such a corrupt establishment as the police? ..seriously!from … Why join such a corrupt establishment as the police? ..seriously!from this week (as I recall) & please do check this out via the Guardian Newspaper or similar, public are no longer allowed to take photos of the police on grounds of anti-terrorism, basically this means that they can do no good & take you in if you try & get evidence against them.for years now the police have been ordering people not to take photos (when its up to you) & intimidating or damaging cameras etc at places where monitoring of the police has been as important as monitoring the people...Police at recent powerstation demo's were hiding their faces from photography (and they weren't necessarily acting for public good)more public rights eroded.what if the police had seized the "rodney king tapes" ?

based on what .. your talking out your backside .. i see your free to walk about and have free speech in the UK, would love to see you spout this sort of kak in another 3 world country .. get your facts straight before you post ...

MR GUS;4373380

Why join such a corrupt establishment as the police? ..seriously!from … Why join such a corrupt establishment as the police? ..seriously!from this week (as I recall) & please do check this out via the Guardian Newspaper or similar, public are no longer allowed to take photos of the police on grounds of anti-terrorism, basically this means that they can do no good & take you in if you try & get evidence against them.for years now the police have been ordering people not to take photos (when its up to you) & intimidating or damaging cameras etc at places where monitoring of the police has been as important as monitoring the people...Police at recent powerstation demo's were hiding their faces from photography (and they weren't necessarily acting for public good)more public rights eroded. what if the police had seized the "rodney king tapes" ?

Ah, the racist's logic. That classic inability to differenciate between a minority and everyone, and thus, the stereotyping of all as being the same. Are some police corrupt? Most definitely. Is the entire organistion? Don't be stupid.

Let's take the powerstation demo facemasks for example. Generally speaking, these hippies / anarchists / protesters / students / whatever are not actually especially nice people. Take the Cambridge (I think) vivisection protesters, who've been known to personally target anyone connected to the site, regardless of their role. They see all as being an equally legitimate target, and have been known to use some exceptionally cruel tactics in attacking those working for and those vaguely connected with, their families, and their homes. Do you think it's right that a self-righteous hippy should threaten to kill a postman for delivering mail to an objectionable establishment? Likewise, do you think it's reasonable for policemen to expose their identities to these same people, at the risk of their homes and their families? No?

Police are people to. What they do, it's just a job. Generally speaking, they're good people doing good work. The exceptions you base your accusations upon are minority instances and matters of self-defense, nothing more.

Original Poster Banned

Please, No Debate's on wheteher or not the police is a good thing, i only wnated to know things that could help me. Please do not post on the thread unless it is usefull information
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk11
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      3. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      4. Win a Free minion usb stick88

See more discussions