Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

£15 Cashback at Waterstones on a£15+ spend (Via. TopCashback)

Posted 20th Dec 2019
100% up to £15 cashback - Get your money back up to £15 on a purchase at Waterstones

*New customers*
Community Updates

Groups

35 Comments
This is a new member deal: there's a good chance this won't track for the majority of users despite no warnings to the contrary.
Good find Ciaran
It says new *and selected* member deal
Literally signed up to waterstones for the first time ever and bought a £20 book 2 days ago argh!
Cheers OP. Just purchased the latest Bill Bryson book for about £7
decosparkle2520/12/2019 22:49

Yeah, I saw that too: doesn't say who is a selected member. Could be everyone who can see the offer, could be just those who've had an email. As always with cashback, treat it like a bonus: don't rely on it when making a purchase.
Only buying because of offer,not sure whether to cancel,says 14 days till tracks
mogwy20/12/2019 23:42

Only buying because of offer,not sure whether to cancel,says 14 days till …Only buying because of offer,not sure whether to cancel,says 14 days till tracks

Feeling festive...took a gamble for either a very expensive stocking filler or an excellent deal

Thanks OP
Looks like first 5000 customers
Harrison_thecrazyrapper21/12/2019 00:25

Looks like first 5000 customers

decosparkle2520/12/2019 22:49

Got to say I think this is a bit of a dodgy offer on behalf of TCB...you bring up Waterstones on TCB (e.g. not using Get Deal link from this page) and it clearly shows the offer but doesn't say whether you are among the selected members or not or whether the 5000 redemption criteria has already been met....for either option they should tell you whether it is applicable to you or not.

Nevertheless I've made a purchase just now for £20.....TCB has already tracked....at 80p

Not sure if it will update to £15 at end of promotion but definitely tracked at 80p just now....will be pretty narked if that's all I get as big difference between £15 & 80p and Waterstones is not exactly the cheapest book retailer in the first place.

Guessing Waterstones may end up finding they get a lot of returned items when people don't get the £15 cashback they were expecting...
Edited by: "tiggerloveslife" 21st Dec 2019
Damn cancelled and then noticed 15 pound is pending,,never mind
mogwy21/12/2019 08:08

Damn cancelled and then noticed 15 pound is pending,,never mind

Where did you see £15 pending on your account....was it on your tracked cashback page as mine is showing as 80p...if so would indicate I'm not getting offer
Ordered £18 worth last night, £15 tracked this morning
Cancelled last night late and was showing when woke up this morn,will be cancelled sometime today,,good luck
rivellangel20/12/2019 23:19

Yeah, I saw that too: doesn't say who is a selected member. Could be …Yeah, I saw that too: doesn't say who is a selected member. Could be everyone who can see the offer, could be just those who've had an email. As always with cashback, treat it like a bonus: don't rely on it when making a purchase.

“Selected member” means members who’ve not earned any cashback yet. Not strictly brand new, as not literally just signed up for this offer, but still effectively new.
Showing on my account. Cheers op great find. Should be much hotter than this. Think this is not so much people dont rate your deal, rather it's people dont trust Tcb to pay out. Heat.
Thanks, tracked at £15
Mine has tracked, originally 40p now uplifted. I've had over £600 out of top cashback so maybe selected means first come first served?!
mine isnt even showing for some reason

is this normal or should it have tracked by now? i ordered it last night.

if i go to lodge a missing cashback claim, it does display waterstones as one of the options i can pick.
Edited by: "dealmania" 21st Dec 2019
dealmania21/12/2019 14:29

mine isnt even showing for some reason is this normal or should it have …mine isnt even showing for some reason is this normal or should it have tracked by now? i ordered it last night. if i go to lodge a missing cashback claim, it does display waterstones as one of the options i can pick.

This is normal it may take upto 48 hours to appear if it doesn't by then contact customer support and lodge a claim
Mine has now updated from 80p to £15....now a case of wait & see I guess as to whether it becomes payable....cracking offer if it does but still think it's a bit of a dodgy offer from TCB due to the way it's set up.
Thank you OP.
I ordered £16.99 and £15 already tracked after 15 minutes. It will surely track I strongly believe.
Hey Everyone

This offer is for new members to our site who are making their first purchase through our site. We do mention this with the terms of the offer and I am sorry if some members missed this.

Best wishes

Phil
TopCashbackRep21/12/2019 15:53

Hey Everyone This offer is for new members to our site who are making …Hey Everyone This offer is for new members to our site who are making their first purchase through our site. We do mention this with the terms of the offer and I am sorry if some members missed this. Best wishes Phil

Oh dear, too late to cancel the order now....

Hey Everyone This offer is for new members to our site who are making …Hey Everyone This offer is for new members to our site who are making their first purchase through our site. We do mention this with the terms of the offer and I am sorry if some members missed this. Best wishes Phil

This is simply not true. The offer was showing for me and I ordered, and it's tracked at £15. The offer doesn't show as it did previously but when clicking the tracked cashback link it takes me to the offer page and tells me I'm not eligible (which it absolutely didn't do earlier). The T&Cs make no reference to this being for new members making their first purchase. The T&Cs even say "If the individual making the transaction is a new member, the individual must first register..."

Full T&Cs as below - can you point to where the eligibility is mentioned in these terms of the offer, Phil?

Terms & Conditions and other useful information
  • How does it work?
    • £15 cashback at Waterstones, means that TopCashback will refund 100% of the total order value up to £15 cashback on purchases at Waterstones.
    • E.g. Spend £10 on ‘Blue Moon by Lee Child’ plus £2.75 on 2nd Class Delivery and TopCashbackwill credit your TopCashback account with £12.75 cashback. £10 for the product and £2.75 for the delivery.
E.g. Spend £18.99 on Seven Worlds One Planet by Jonny Keeling’, plus £2.75 on 2nd Class Delivery and TopCashback will credit your TopCashback account with £15.
    • The £15 cashback at Waterstones start date is the 17/12/2019 and the offer end date is 31/12/2019 23:59.
    • Purchases over £15 (including delivery) will receive a maximum of £15 cashback.
  • What will stop me getting cashback?
    • This offer can only be redeemed once per household on a first come first served basis. If a member applies for the offer from the same household as an already successful purchase, it will be declined.
    • If the individual making the transaction is a new member, the individual must first register as a member of TopCashback prior to making their purchase to redeem £15 cashback at Waterstones.
  • What else is essential?
    • TopCashback reserves the right to end the £15 cashback at Waterstones deal at any time without notice. Purchases made after this time will not receive the cashback offer. This offer is limited to 5,000 redemptions on a first come first serve basis.
    • Cashback earned in the £15 cashback at Waterstones will not progress to payable status until approximately 14 working days after the promotion end date subject to a successfully tracked purchase
    • Transactions may be made through desktops, tablets and mobile browsers
  • Good to know
    • Cashback earned in the £15 cashback at Waterstones will only be available for pay-out via BACS payment i.e. paid directly into the member’s bank account.
    • Cashback redeemed from £15 cashback at Waterstones, is excluded from Tell-a-Friend promotion thresholds. (Please see Tell-a-Friend page for more details).
    • This deal is wholly funded by TopCashback, not Waterstones.
    • Where there is a contradiction between the offer terms and conditions and TopCashback terms and conditions, the offer terms and conditions take precedence until the offer expires.
    • The promoter is TopCashback, Temeraire House, Nelson Court, Staffordshire Technology Park, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST18 0WQ. TopCashback is a trading name of TopCashback Ltd.
  • What to do when
    • Cashback earned in the £15 cashback at Waterstones may track at a lower rate initially and will uplift within 14 days of the promotion end date.
If the transaction for the £15 cashback at Waterstones does not appear in your account, you can submit a claim. Any claims for this cashback offer will only be open for submission 14 working days after the promotion has ended.
Edited by: "welcomedistraction" 22nd Dec 2019
Thats a lie topcashback, it said new or selected and we assumed we were selected as it displayed for us??
Hey Everyone,

I am sorry for the confusion. This offer did have an error and was visible to all members but as mentioned previously was for new members as these were the selected members mentioned in the offer title and on the promotional banner on the offer page. I will feed this back however to the team so we can make this clearer in future.

I am sorry for any disappointment caused but as with all of our new member offers we would need a member to sign up and make there first purchase with us to be eligible. I will again feed this back to the team for future offers.

Best wishes

Phil
TopCashbackRep22/12/2019 09:45

Hey Everyone, I am sorry for the confusion. This offer did have an error …Hey Everyone, I am sorry for the confusion. This offer did have an error and was visible to all members but as mentioned previously was for new members as these were the selected members mentioned in the offer title and on the promotional banner on the offer page. I will feed this back however to the team so we can make this clearer in future. I am sorry for any disappointment caused but as with all of our new member offers we would need a member to sign up and make there first purchase with us to be eligible. I will again feed this back to the team for future offers. Best wishes Phil

If it has tracked will it be paid?

Hey Everyone, I am sorry for the confusion. This offer did have an error …Hey Everyone, I am sorry for the confusion. This offer did have an error and was visible to all members but as mentioned previously was for new members as these were the selected members mentioned in the offer title and on the promotional banner on the offer page. I will feed this back however to the team so we can make this clearer in future. I am sorry for any disappointment caused but as with all of our new member offers we would need a member to sign up and make there first purchase with us to be eligible. I will again feed this back to the team for future offers. Best wishes Phil

The offer said New member or selected members. It didn't say the new members were the selected ones.

welcomedistraction22/12/2019 01:02

This is simply not true. The offer was showing for me and I ordered, and …This is simply not true. The offer was showing for me and I ordered, and it's tracked at £15. The offer doesn't show as it did previously but when clicking the tracked cashback link it takes me to the offer page and tells me I'm not eligible (which it absolutely didn't do earlier). The T&Cs make no reference to this being for new members making their first purchase. The T&Cs even say "If the individual making the transaction is a new member, the individual must first register..."Full T&Cs as below - can you point to where the eligibility is mentioned in these terms of the offer, Phil? Terms & Conditions and other useful information How does it work? £15 cashback at Waterstones, means that TopCashback will refund 100% of the total order value up to £15 cashback on purchases at Waterstones.E.g. Spend £10 on ‘Blue Moon by Lee Child’ plus £2.75 on 2nd Class Delivery and TopCashbackwill credit your TopCashback account with £12.75 cashback. £10 for the product and £2.75 for the delivery. E.g. Spend £18.99 on Seven Worlds One Planet by Jonny Keeling’, plus £2.75 on 2nd Class Delivery and TopCashback will credit your TopCashback account with £15. The £15 cashback at Waterstones start date is the 17/12/2019 and the offer end date is 31/12/2019 23:59.Purchases over £15 (including delivery) will receive a maximum of £15 cashback.What will stop me getting cashback? This offer can only be redeemed once per household on a first come first served basis. If a member applies for the offer from the same household as an already successful purchase, it will be declined.If the individual making the transaction is a new member, the individual must first register as a member of TopCashback prior to making their purchase to redeem £15 cashback at Waterstones.What else is essential? TopCashback reserves the right to end the £15 cashback at Waterstones deal at any time without notice. Purchases made after this time will not receive the cashback offer. This offer is limited to 5,000 redemptions on a first come first serve basis.Cashback earned in the £15 cashback at Waterstones will not progress to payable status until approximately 14 working days after the promotion end date subject to a successfully tracked purchaseTransactions may be made through desktops, tablets and mobile browsersGood to know Cashback earned in the £15 cashback at Waterstones will only be available for pay-out via BACS payment i.e. paid directly into the member’s bank account. Cashback redeemed from £15 cashback at Waterstones, is excluded from Tell-a-Friend promotion thresholds. (Please see Tell-a-Friend page for more details). This deal is wholly funded by TopCashback, not Waterstones.Where there is a contradiction between the offer terms and conditions and TopCashback terms and conditions, the offer terms and conditions take precedence until the offer expires.The promoter is TopCashback, Temeraire House, Nelson Court, Staffordshire Technology Park, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST18 0WQ. TopCashback is a trading name of TopCashback Ltd. What to do when Cashback earned in the £15 cashback at Waterstones may track at a lower rate initially and will uplift within 14 days of the promotion end date. If the transaction for the £15 cashback at Waterstones does not appear in your account, you can submit a claim. Any claims for this cashback offer will only be open for submission 14 working days after the promotion has ended.

Hi Phil, I hope this finds you well. I'm not meaning to be awkward but I feel that I should back welcomedistraction up as I think it is also a bit unfair to put the blame on existing members for apparently not reading the T&C's correctly....as I stated in a previous comment the offer seemed to be a bit dodgy for various reasons so I took screenshots of all the T&C's which I'll paste below as it does actually state:

"New and Selected Member Deal Offers"

and

"If the individual making the transaction is a new member, the individual must first register as a member of TopCashback prior to making their purchase to redeem £15 cashback at Waterstones."

Thus implying that the offer is open to other members as well....I must admit I read the terms very carefully prior to ordering to make sure it wasn't just for new members as didn't want to get caught out paying more for a book than I needed to as Waterstones is not exactly the cheapest book retailer.

39472107-586Og.jpg39472107-wLbzC.jpg39472107-nkxME.jpg39472107-TSuHo.jpg
Edited by: "tiggerloveslife" 23rd Dec 2019
Hey Everyone,

I have spoken with the team about this and we are sorry for any frustration caused especially at this time of year.

The team have taken a look and if you have made a purchase through this method before today and you are an existing member we will honor the offer showing when you clicked through.

If you do have any issues please get in touch and we will take a closer look

Best wishes and we hope you have a very Merry Christmas

Phil
Thanks to everyone involved in getting this resolved
Mine still hasn’t tracked
TopCashbackRep23/12/2019 10:32

Hey Everyone, I have spoken with the team about this and we are sorry for …Hey Everyone, I have spoken with the team about this and we are sorry for any frustration caused especially at this time of year. The team have taken a look and if you have made a purchase through this method before today and you are an existing member we will honor the offer showing when you clicked through. If you do have any issues please get in touch and we will take a closer look Best wishes and we hope you have a very Merry Christmas Phil

Hi Phil,

I purchased before the date you mentioned however mine is still yet to Track :(.

I have opened a missing cash back claim. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated

Thank you.
TopCashbackRep23/12/2019 10:32

Hey Everyone, I have spoken with the team about this and we are sorry for …Hey Everyone, I have spoken with the team about this and we are sorry for any frustration caused especially at this time of year. The team have taken a look and if you have made a purchase through this method before today and you are an existing member we will honor the offer showing when you clicked through. If you do have any issues please get in touch and we will take a closer look Best wishes and we hope you have a very Merry Christmas Phil

Hi,

My Cashback is still displayed as “pending”- I purchased on 21/12 not as a new customer but like others here, thinking that I might qualify as a selected member. I’ve submitted a missing cashback claim but wondering if this is enough. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants