Expired

15 day old plasma stuck pixel

8 replies
Found 12th Jan 2015
I got a 50 inch plasma 2 weeks ago from Marks Electrical online and today I have noticed a stuck flashing pixel on it.

Is it best to contact the retailer or will they not do anything for a dead pixel or is it best to do a warranty claim with LG? Never had to do a claim for a dead stuck pixel before so not sure which is best.

1. Ask
  2. Plasma TV
8 Comments

Defo deal with retailer first. I've had problems with TVs in such a short place. Think dead pixels are quite difficult to fix so you will probably get a new set.

I had a similar problem and made a thread about it HERE.
Bought from richer sounds they got in contact with me after my post and I took it back and replaced it for a new one.

Check the warranty, but I would imagine it is a similar policy to monitors and laptop screens - only 1 pixel won't cut it, it's more likely somewhere between 5-10 pixels before they will even consider replacing it.

If that is the case, hook it up to a laptop and run one of the many "stuck pixel" programs, hopefully that will do it, otherwise it may also be enough to carry you over into the warranty cover :-)

Original Poster

Called LG service they gave a ref number and said no troubleshooting can be done really as its either stuck/dead or not. Called Marks electrical with ref number and they are checking availability and calling back with a date to deliver and exchange the tv.

GrantG182

Check the warranty, but I would imagine it is a similar policy to … Check the warranty, but I would imagine it is a similar policy to monitors and laptop screens - only 1 pixel won't cut it, it's more likely somewhere between 5-10 pixels before they will even consider replacing it.If that is the case, hook it up to a laptop and run one of the many "stuck pixel" programs, hopefully that will do it, otherwise it may also be enough to carry you over into the warranty cover :-)

Yeah I had one dead pixel in my Sony and neither the shop or Sony would do anything as it was not in the main viewing area.

When you say flashing I'd wonder if it's a different fault? If you mean it just retains the previous colour it was displaying and slowly catching up then this may help.

youtube.com/wat…i-U - DO NOT CLICK warning for anyone with epilepsy

Most stuck pixels and some 'dead' pixels can be fixed with running one of these videos for a number of hours. Overnight is a good way to check if it resolves itself.

I've had a lot of luck using one of these videos on various monitors over the last number of years

Original Poster

No its white all the time unless it's a black image as it's just turned off then. It looks like it flashes as the image goes darker.

submerged

No its white all the time unless it's a black image as it's just turned … No its white all the time unless it's a black image as it's just turned off then. It looks like it flashes as the image goes darker.

Sounds like it may have a chance of being fixed with using one of those videos at the area that's causing the issue. Worth trying while you attempt to sort out a replacement as you've nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244939
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
    3. Add one, leave one game54415485
    4. A1 Travel no longer trading!33

See more discussions