150+ Proof Alcohol in the UK

Found 9th Mar 2015
Hi, am making liquor, and am looking for minimum 150 proof, high volume, alcohol. Does anyone know where I can get some? Preferably at a reasonable price. Thank you.
Community Updates
AskAlcohol
15 Comments
Will you be drinking this moonshine?
Original Poster
Yes
You do know that distilling alcohol is illegal in the Uk, even for private consumption
Would that not burn your mouth out?
MichyM

You do know that distilling alcohol is illegal in the Uk, even for … You do know that distilling alcohol is illegal in the Uk, even for private consumption

I suspect they are just planning on adding a flavouring to a base alcohol.
If you distilled a 150 proof alcohol you'd get something dangerous as you're talking about strengthening a 75% base.

OP there are a few sellers online and you should be able to find some overproof rum or vodka on the highstreet if you keep an eye out. They aren't cheap though as its a small market.
Original Poster
MichyM

You do know that distilling alcohol is illegal in the Uk, even for … You do know that distilling alcohol is illegal in the Uk, even for private consumption

I'n not planning on distilling alcohol, I am mixing.

Really helpful that the first 3 comments simply answered my question with another question. I know this part of the site is called "ask, but I thought maybe somebody could help me.
Original Poster
joedastudd

I suspect they are just planning on adding a flavouring to a base … I suspect they are just planning on adding a flavouring to a base alcohol.If you distilled a 150 proof alcohol you'd get something dangerous as you're talking about strengthening a 75% base.OP there are a few sellers online and you should be able to find some overproof rum or vodka on the highstreet if you keep an eye out. They aren't cheap though as its a small market.

Thank you.
napolimp

Really helpful that the first 3 comments simply answered my question with … Really helpful that the first 3 comments simply answered my question with another question. I know this part of the site is called "ask, but I thought maybe somebody could help me.

The issue in Ask is that, depressingly often, posters don't know what the real question is that they want answered and without asking for further info, those who wish to assist can't. Helpful people don't wish to encourage someone who may be on track to harm themself/others and/or commit an illegal act so they ask for further info. No-one can distinguish you from a rash idiot from your OP without more detail.

Irish Poteen might be wort a shout!
When's the party?
Original Poster
ceres

The issue in Ask is that, depressingly often, posters don't know what the … The issue in Ask is that, depressingly often, posters don't know what the real question is that they want answered and without asking for further info, those who wish to assist can't. Helpful people don't wish to encourage someone who may be on track to harm themself/others and/or commit an illegal act so they ask for further info. No-one can distinguish you from a rash idiot from your OP without more detail.

I wouldn't bother searching for expensive high volume alcohol, I'd just go straight for the white spirit.
dont do this, please. bad, bad idea.
Original Poster
Not that it's anyone's business, but I'm making a liquor which is 10% high volume alcohol. It's also a present, I'm not a drinker myself.
Original Poster
missleading

95% (166 Proof) Polish VodkaSPIRYTUS REKTYFIKOWANY (RECTIFIED SPIRIT) … 95% (166 Proof) Polish VodkaSPIRYTUS REKTYFIKOWANY (RECTIFIED SPIRIT) (95%) It kills.http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/australian-teenager-dies-on-18th-birthday-after-drinking-highstrength-spirit-9865440.html

Thanks, may look for this in a Polish store.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants