£150 cashback to switch your current account to Halifax

Posted 30th Sep
Just got this in an email from Halifax funnily enough - so it may be targeted (see below) - however give them a call and they'll hopefully let you have it even if you have not received the email. Apologies as well if its already been posted.

Check that you can get a switch offer:
To get a switch offer of £150 this is what you need to do:
  • Get an email from us inviting you to switch your account.
  • Open a new Reward Current Account or Ultimate Reward Current Account (£17 monthly maintaining the account fee).
  • Then use the Current Account Switching Service to switch your bank account to us, transfer all your payments to the new account and close your old one.
We can’t give you a reward if:Here are some other things you should know:

How long is this offer available?
You can use this offer to apply online, by phone or in branch from 30 September 2019 to 14 October 2019. This offer may change and it may be withdrawn without notice at any time.

Can I get an overdraft if I use this offer?
We may be able to offer you an arranged overdraft, depending on our assessment of your circumstances. You aren't guaranteed to get one if you use this offer. If we’re able to offer you an arranged overdraft, you won't pay daily arranged overdraft fees for six months, as long as you stay within your arranged overdraft limit.

After six months, or if you change your account, you'll be charged daily fees if you use your account's arranged overdraft. If your account's arranged overdraft has a fee-free limit, you'll only be charged if you go over it.

For full details on arranged overdraft fees, please see the 'Bank accounts and switching to us' leaflet which we’ll give you when you open your account. If you'd like another copy, just ask in branch or go to halifax.co.uk/ban…ts.

How many times can I use this offer?
You can only get one offer per customer. If you switch a joint account, you'll only get one offer payment.

When will my £150 offer be paid?
We'll pay the offer into your account by the time your switch has completed. You'll see it in your account.
Community Updates
Upto £24 a yeae extra possible too. £2 each month reward, usual requirements for 2 DD +£750 minimum monthly pay in.

Groups

28 Comments
Don’t need an email. It’s clearly advertised on their website
MarmiteMiner30/09/2019 13:31

I can't find that
If I signed upto them before can I go back ?
I know it doesn't say much nowadays, but Halifax is probably the easiest bank to deal with at the moment in terms of website/customer service
MarmiteMiner30/09/2019 13:31

It isn't for me and following op's link it clearly says that you need to have been invited by email to get the 150 quid
Just wondering how halifax would have your email address to invite you if you aren't a customer of theirs?
Yep, done this a while ago. In the meantime they changed some of the benefits I had, such as interest rate, also payment for paying a minimum amount in my account. Good to do it, but if it comes with other benefits, these will not last long.
And I don't think you need an invitation, at least in the past, this was their regular deal to attract new customers.
Edited by: "sheffield788" 30th Sep
thedaman30/09/2019 13:49

Just wondering how halifax would have your email address to invite you if …Just wondering how halifax would have your email address to invite you if you aren't a customer of theirs?

Possibly by not opting out of 'partner' marketing when signing up to to some other website.
theyiddo30/09/2019 13:53

Possibly by not opting out of 'partner' marketing when signing up to to …Possibly by not opting out of 'partner' marketing when signing up to to some other website.

fair enough! I would deffo go for this if I got the email.
Worth it for the £150,
Been with Halifax a while and day to day banking ok ,but customer service has gone right down hill in the past couple of years.
Check that you can get a switch offer To get a switch offer of £150 this is what you need to do:
  • Get an email from us inviting you to switch your account.
  • Open a new Reward Current Account or Ultimate Reward Current Account (£17 monthly maintaining the account fee).
  • Then use the Current Account Switching Service to switch your bank account to us, transfer all your payments to the new account and close your old one.
Does it work if you switch from ultimate rewards account to reward account?
maccalen30/09/2019 13:43

I know it doesn't say much nowadays, but Halifax is probably the easiest …I know it doesn't say much nowadays, but Halifax is probably the easiest bank to deal with at the moment in terms of website/customer service

But in branch they are difficult to get anything done pushing you to online or phone banking as well as limited counter service and again pushing you to use automated machines

Left them last year, if you push people online don’t be surprised if people then think stuff it and migrate to other online banks who pay more interest and give better service...
So it's £150 for switching, but you have to pay £17 a month to get the money? Doesn't seem great.
Nico_Cowan30/09/2019 14:27

So it's £150 for switching, but you have to pay £17 a month to get the m …So it's £150 for switching, but you have to pay £17 a month to get the money? Doesn't seem great.

Its £17pm for the Ultimate Reward Current Account - the standard Reward Current account is free.
halifax.co.uk/ban…ts/
Edited by: "theyiddo" 30th Sep
Nico_Cowan30/09/2019 14:27

So it's £150 for switching, but you have to pay £17 a month to get the m …So it's £150 for switching, but you have to pay £17 a month to get the money? Doesn't seem great.

That's only if you choose the 'Ultimate' account.

Just wondering how halifax would have your email address to invite you if …Just wondering how halifax would have your email address to invite you if you aren't a customer of theirs?

I have a Halifax clarity credit card and no current account, so I got the email.
If you don't get an email, presumably you won't be eligible then?
What an odd offer - why is it on their website and visible to all, if it's not open to all?!
Anyone know how long a switch takes?
Iam just switching from these to NatWest for £150.maybe next time they offer it I'll switch back
Can you switch from Lloyds to Halifax, I know they are the same, but they have just shut my Lloyds branch
Edited by: "Neil_192" 30th Sep
Neil_19230/09/2019 14:57

Can you switch from Lloyds to Halifax, I know they are the same, but they …Can you switch from Lloyds to Halifax, I know they are the same, but they have just shut my Lloyds branch

Absolutely. They are separate bank brands even if they follow back to the same owners at the top. Bank of Scotland is even more closely linked to Halifax than Lloyds Bank, and you can even switch between them if you want.

You are going to see more and more branch closures though no matter who you bank with. Maybe look into banks which offer better serlf service options to save you from needing to go in to a branch that may be closed even if you do switch. Many let you use Post Office counters. Some banks like Monzo let you pay in at your corner shop with a PayPoint machine etc.

Remember the account switch deal on here only exists for those who were invited by email. You can switch to Halifax from Lloyds (or any other bank) if you want to, but there won't be an incentive in your circumstances.
Just spoke to a adviser at Halifax, and the named person on the email is the only person entitled.
Edited by: "tomcat2" 30th Sep
tomcat230/09/2019 15:48

Just spoke to a adviser at Halifax, and the named person on the email is …Just spoke to a adviser at Halifax, and the named person on the email is the only person entitled.

So, this offer is basically only going to be good for a handful of people. Very poor.

EDIT: Not the OP's fault, of course. I voted hot regardless.
Edited by: "old_mikefield" 30th Sep
I've received the email. I'm a Halifax credit card customer. I don't have a current account with them at present (though in the past I did).The past switch offers had a cut off point of 2012 if you've had the switch bonus since then, but I haven't found anything in the latest T&Cs

I opened a cash ISA a while back, solely to make an incentivised switch like this easy. Less chance of screwups / holdups as existing customer. Never thought they would limit the offer to us, but I have the email.

Only problem, I don't have a spare donor account at the mo. Wonder if I can get one from one of my current banks in time to sacrifice it for this? Will give it a go
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants