Expired

15.15% TopCashBack on Thomas Cook holidays for next 5 days

Found 26th Jun 2012
Plus 20% cashback on BCP parking seems like a good deal to me

Just booked a week for 2 in Gran Canaria (all inclusive) in the middle July in the Riu Vistamar for about a grand with TCB :o)

Quidco currently 5%
Community Updates
13 Comments
Nice, just tracked at almost £200.

Should come in handy as spending money
Sloth/Mod
Moved to misc, cashback only deals are more a heads up/tip as it's not guaranteed. Thanks.
Slightly unfair.. cant see many people noticing this now!
joealdus

Slightly unfair.. cant see many people noticing this now!

That's probably the idea.

Now if it was a quidco deal...
realblender

Yet the netflix quidco cashback is allowed to stay in deals despite … Yet the netflix quidco cashback is allowed to stay in deals despite reportshttp://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/join-netflix-receive-5-from-quidco-with-a-further-15-after-your-first-5-99-payment-1249666Please explain?

Well maybe it's because it's quidco

But to be fair, I think it's because it is actually for Netflix and states the price to be £5.99 per month which excludes cashback.
The rule is that you can mention cashback in the deal, but the price stated must not reflect any cashback opportunity.

This post doesn't actually mention a deal.

So perhaps if the OP picks a specific holiday, posts the full price and mentions the possibility of cashback it would stay as a deal
Sloth/Mod
realblender

Yet the netflix quidco cashback is allowed to stay in deals despite … Yet the netflix quidco cashback is allowed to stay in deals despite reportshttp://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/join-netflix-receive-5-from-quidco-with-a-further-15-after-your-first-5-99-payment-1249666Please explain?

That is attached to a specific deal whereas this one is just a general cashback on post. If a particular holiday was posted and mention made of the cashback deal then that would be fine.
Sloth/Mod
Yes, if a deal is posted with cashback price used as the total then it should be corrected to pre cashback price and pointed out in the OP. Much like we do with mobile phone prices showing the total over the term of contract before redemption and cashback.

With the Netflix it does show the £5.99pm price and the cashback is a bonus.

From time to time they may slip through unnoticed or we may make an error (it happens, we are but human ). If you ever see anything that you feel is in the wrong place or clarification needed in the thread then do please report and we will review.

The 2 above are from before i was on the team so unsure of the policy then but I think we are pretty much on top of them all nowadays and consistent but with the deal volumes at times then things can get missed.

Cheers
Original Poster
realblender

Thanks Si. The netflix is a good offer and so I guess no one is really … Thanks Si. The netflix is a good offer and so I guess no one is really complaining that it slips through. Sorry OP for hijacking your thread. Hope the free bumps in misc help people notice this handy offer and prehaps result in some specific deals being posted

No worries, me and another guy saved £200 so happy days
Booking my holiday tomorrow. this deal will save me over £700

Banned
looks like a massive backfire typo. Is now £15.15 lol not 15.15%
Original Poster
Just got a mail from TCB - they cocked up :

"Hi there,

I am sorry to contact you out of the blue, but wish to let you know that we have become aware of an issue with your Thomas Cook cashback.

I am sorry to have to inform you that we were inadvertently displaying an incorrect cashback rate for this merchant on our site when you made your recent transaction. Unfortunately, instead of the correct rate, we posted an offer of 15.15%. This means that the cashback amount tracking on your account is lower than expected based on the 15.15% advertised rate.

From memory we think this is the first time in nearly seven years that a mistake like this has occurred. I am afraid that it was down to the rate being incorrectly entered on the merchant’s page, due to human error, and we accept full responsibility for this happening. It goes without saying that we are really sorry for this oversight.

We are proud of the fact that by offering our service, we have enabled our members to earn millions of pounds in cashback for themselves, so we definitely see our usual impact as positive and good for our membership as a whole.

We also, pride ourselves on our Fair Play policy and do not want it to be a high-sounding ideal that is just an empty promise, but a philosophy simply stated as ‘Do as you would be done by’.

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/about?cat=FairPlay

As mentioned this is the first time in nearly seven years that a mistake like this has occurred, and as such, we have no experience of how to make amends for our lapse. On the one hand, we believe that many companies would take the hard line, quote their Terms and Conditions and simply pay the minimum, (i.e. the amount that we receive from the merchant) but we certainly don’t want to be like that.

On the other hand, if we were simply to pay the advertised rate it would be very costly to us. So we are contacting everyone individually to start a dialogue to find the fairest course of action.

At minimum, we certainly want to make sure that you don’t lose out compared to any other offer you may have spotted, and we’d want to, maybe, do even a little better than that. So perhaps a good place to start is to ask if you had seen a good deal elsewhere? We can then take it from there.

In conclusion, we would like to apologise for this mishap and I can confirm that we are doing our best to try and ensure that an issue like this does not happen again.

Please feel free to let us know your thoughts and concerns over this matter

Kind regards,
Sarah"
say the offer you found was the best offer for you and your family, for various reasons. and that you chose to go with TCB as the 15.15% was higher than Natwests advantage gold card which offers 10% discount on thomas cook holidays.

Anything over 10% and i'd be happy.
Banned
They will match the 10% then. Anything less than going halves on the loss is an insult. Can't be that many people who used the offer?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants