Groups
    EXPIRED

15.4" or 17" Laptop?

I was going to buy a 17" laptop but had to cancel due to long delivery date (from Dell).

Now, I am in a fix. I can't decide whether I should go for 15.4" or 17" laptop. All I am going to do roughly is: Web surfing, Word/Excel work, running some apps (e.g. Robohelp) & some video editing. Do I really need 17" laptop for that? I am not sure anymore.

Now, if I go for a 15.4" laptop - which one should I go for and what should be a minimum spec.

Processor - I don't really understand them so any help highly appreciated
    Hard disk - 120/160 gb
    Memory - 2 gb
    Networking - again any help highly appreciated on that front

Please help. Thanks.

Robie

2 Comments

I found the 17" models were too big for me, It felt a bit silly carrying it around even though it was thin and light.

Processor, - list your choices generally the more ghz the better, but it depends on the brand

HD- if your doing video editing go for the 160 as long as its 5400rpm
    Mem 2gb is reasnoble
    Networking- all laptops have wired eithernet these days, you want wi-fi and bluetooth is a optional extra if you are syncing with mobiles etc

Original Poster

magic-man

I found the 17" models were too big for me, It felt a bit silly carrying … I found the 17" models were too big for me, It felt a bit silly carrying it around even though it was thin and light.Processor, - list your choices generally the more ghz the better, but it depends on the brandHD- if your doing video editing go for the 160 as long as its 5400rpmMem 2gb is reasnobleNetworking- all laptops have wired eithernet these days, you want wi-fi and bluetooth is a optional extra if you are syncing with mobiles etc

Thanks for the quick response.

Processor - It's all French to me. Some are Intel Core Duo 2 or AMD ... I don't understand the difference really.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions