EXPIRED

15m + Crossover Network Lead needed, anyone know where to get one from?

As title, so if anyone has done this before (it's for a 360 upstairs,) never liked the idea of wireless in my house, the laptop has enough trouble getting through our walls.

Needs to be cross over cable. over 15 meters.

LMK

7 Comments

unless you are operating a complex system of your own, you do not need a crossover cable for the 360, a straight cable will do the trick. the original xbox required a crossover. from personal experience i have found ebay to be the cheapest for cat5e cables.

hope this helps a bit!

evilbay :thumbsup:

Original Poster

dipifipi;3544230

unless you are operating a complex system of your own, you do not need a … unless you are operating a complex system of your own, you do not need a crossover cable for the 360, a straight cable will do the trick. the original xbox required a crossover. from personal experience i have found ebay to be the cheapest for cat5e cables.hope this helps a bit!

ahh, well being honnest I'm only going by what people say, is the original genuine 360 one a crossover? as Im using one of those into my router at the moment, but the other boy is getting a 360 for xmas and i want to route a cable upstairs from the routers spair port..

Homeplugs work best with Xbox 360s,much more reliable and easy to set up than wifi,Unless you dont mind 15m of cable,
Tony

You would only need a crossover to connect to a pc not to a router.You just need a network cable
Tony

Original Poster

tonyg1962;3544639

You would only need a crossover to connect to a pc not to a router.You … You would only need a crossover to connect to a pc not to a router.You just need a network cable Tony

Ahh that's great, thank you very much.

So cheapest 15m or bigger network cable if there are any hunters out there.. will try the usual places:thumbsup:

Oh, and i've never been a homeplug fan, the speed is dictated by the other mains equipment currently running, and this place is a power station in its self (6 kids!)

You would find that the speed of homeplugs is quite a bit faster than your internet connection no matter what you have plugged in,I was using 14mbs one to play online gaming while my pc was upstair while downstairs was neing decorated,I found it to be just as good as being connected straight to my router,But if you are ok with cables thats definitley the way to go
Tony
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How much would you pay for this chair?1923
    2. Problem with new double glazed installation99
    3. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)712
    4. Electric Bike 1 year later? any one with one915

See more discussions