16,000 BBC Sound Effects for personal, educational or research purposes @ BBC

Posted 31st Oct
I stumbled across this website and figured it may be of use to someone.

For personal use sounds are free (under the terms of the RemArc Licence) but for commercial use it seems a bit pricey. If you need them for commercial use then I'm unsure if the price is comparable to other sites.

The Sound Effects are BBC copyright, but they may be used for personal, educational or research purposes, as detailed in the license.

These 16,000 BBC Sound Effects are made available by the BBC in WAV format to download for use under the terms of the RemArc Licence.
github.com/bbc…pdf

For commercial use, you can license sound effects.
blog.prosoundeffects.com/how…ons
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Anything bbc copyright should belong to anyone paying a licence fee anyway.
38859784-wzYSi.jpg
Is there a state funded propaganda sound on it?
SOUNDS like a good deal.
46 Comments
SOUNDS like a good deal.
Nice to know
38859784-wzYSi.jpg
I guess using on a YouTube blog would be commercial?
Very good for creators!
furiousjammin31/10/2019 07:21

People still pay that?

No. The 39p a day that pays for the TV, radio stations and iPlayer (and website?).

It doesn't pay for a Fawlty Towers box-set, or for whatever else you think it should pay for.
Does it have the Jimmy Savile 'now then, now then' sound? Or is it just hidden by the BBC
Edited by: "steve123uk" 31st Oct
Does it have ‘crashing off a cliff’ on it?
Edited by: "TheFeather" 31st Oct
TheOnlyRick31/10/2019 07:53

No. The 39p a day that pays for the TV, radio stations and iPlayer (and …No. The 39p a day that pays for the TV, radio stations and iPlayer (and website?).It doesn't pay for a Fawlty Towers box-set, or for whatever else you think it should pay for.

No, I wasn't saying it DOES belong to licence payers, I was saying it SHOULD belong to licence payers.
It's like year 7 music class on steroids
furiousjammin31/10/2019 08:06

No, I wasn't saying it DOES belong to licence payers, I was saying it …No, I wasn't saying it DOES belong to licence payers, I was saying it SHOULD belong to licence payers.

That's fair.

I guess my response is that if the BBC lost copyright ownership to everyone in the UK, that would represent a serious cut in their income (and that we all already get quite a lot for 39p a day), so that it shouldn't (necessarily) belong to license payers.
RoryStuart31/10/2019 08:16

It's like year 7 music class on steroids

A load of angry, swole 11 year olds with moustaches?
ollie8731/10/2019 08:22

A load of angry, swole 11 year olds with moustaches?

I was thinking more around pressing the 'DJ' button on the keyboard at 100rpm, but yeah, your fantasy works too... I guess?
furiousjammin31/10/2019 08:06

No, I wasn't saying it DOES belong to licence payers, I was saying it …No, I wasn't saying it DOES belong to licence payers, I was saying it SHOULD belong to licence payers.

This sounds like a petition kind of thing, could you start one up please fella?
RoryStuart31/10/2019 08:25

your fantasy works too... I guess?

You're the one who suggested mixing kids with steroids, don't pin this on me.
ollie8731/10/2019 08:31

You're the one who suggested mixing kids with steroids, don't pin this on …You're the one who suggested mixing kids with steroids, don't pin this on me.

Written ambiguity is a hell of a conversation starter
Something remarkably disturbing yet comforting about the Execution sounds being in the "comedy" category.
Im so thankful for getting payslips from my employer, each month....Free
Edited by: "AnnJWO" 31st Oct
I need a rumbling fart 💨
Hot
Edited by: "DEALS4EVA" 31st Oct
Great deal. Was looking to pay for something similar
I love some of the random things like this you get on HotUKDeals

have some love
🔥🔥 excellent many thanks OP

Good post. Thank you.
TheOnlyRick31/10/2019 08:20

That's fair. I guess my response is that if the BBC lost copyright …That's fair. I guess my response is that if the BBC lost copyright ownership to everyone in the UK, that would represent a serious cut in their income (and that we all already get quite a lot for 39p a day), so that it shouldn't (necessarily) belong to license payers.

For example, The Office (British version) is on Netflix. You can be sure Netflix paid a fair bit of money to get that, and that money pays for more programming (and occasional bad choices about retaining expensive talent).
To simulate the sound of bonfire night early, simply go to the Eplostions tab and press play on all of then at the same time!
Check out the one under gym, oily massage you won't be disappointed
I'd take all of this
christasker31/10/2019 13:06

Check out the one under gym, oily massage you won't be disappointed

Lovely, thanks, that's my new ringtone sorted.

Can't wait to see their faces on the quiet carriage tonight
This gets posted once every so often. I use this resource, it's brilliant (when it works)
robert_adamson31/10/2019 07:43

Yes, it sounds like the crunchy metallic sound of a tinfoil hat.
GambitZen31/10/2019 14:36

Yes, it sounds like the crunchy metallic sound of a tinfoil hat.

38866750-ESgZJ.jpg
mad_design_man31/10/2019 09:29

I need a rumbling fart 💨

I queried this request with BBC and they said they do not record their executive committee meetings

Not really how it works...

This is not true. You don't understand how production rights works. Only a small proportion of BBC content doesn't involve re-use fees to the artists ,. musicians or production companies involved in making it

I work in TV and radio.
scoobiedoo31/10/2019 22:22

This is not true. You don't understand how production rights works. Only a …This is not true. You don't understand how production rights works. Only a small proportion of BBC content doesn't involve re-use fees to the artists ,. musicians or production companies involved in making itI work in TV and radio.

I understand completely how production rights work thanks. I work for a national newspaper and my wife is a singer and does TV work.

I said they should belong to the licence payer, not that they do belong to the licence payer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants