Groups

16gb micro sd speeds

im looking to get a 16gb micro sd, i'll most probably get a class 2 as anything above (class 4, 6) are rare or too expensive.

but what are the real transfer speed??

write speed are suppose to be as follow
    * Class 2: 2 MByte/s - 13x
    * Class 4: 4 MByte/s - 26x
    * Class 6: 6 MByte/s - 40x

but i have a 8gb class 4 which writes at roughly 10mb/s and have a 8gb class 6 which roughly writes at 12mb/s.

9 Comments

Original Poster

btw, duracell have come out with a 16gb micro sd, seen a few on ebay which some sellers claim are class 4, for £28-£31

Just tried a 657mb file on a 8gb class 2 and it wrote at 6mbs

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7920469

Just tried a 657mb file on a 8gb class 2 and it wrote at 6mbs

thanks, so class 2 roughly copys at 6mb/s, thats alright

Original Poster

thesaint;7920496

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

this doesn't help, this is where i got my info in the first place which isn't accurate, i wanted people to post they're real results, like i did with my class 4 and 6 cards.

ancav111;7920909

this doesn't help, this is where i got my info in the first place which … this doesn't help, this is where i got my info in the first place which isn't accurate, i wanted people to post they're real results, like i did with my class 4 and 6 cards.

So your cards don't meet the minimum speeds specified?

Original Poster

thesaint;7920964

So your cards don't meet the minimum speeds specified?

they appear to perform better!! or am i mistaken?

imagine trying to fill up a 16gb card at 2mb/s

ancav111;7921104

they appear to perform better!! or am i mistaken?imagine trying to fill … they appear to perform better!! or am i mistaken?imagine trying to fill up a 16gb card at 2mb/s

I'm not sure if you have read and understood the link I posted, but they are MINIMUM speeds, so your cards and readings are fine.

Original Poster

thesaint;7921156

I'm not sure if you have read and understood the link I posted, but they … I'm not sure if you have read and understood the link I posted, but they are MINIMUM speeds, so your cards and readings are fine.

i don't want to know the minimum speeds, i want to know what speed people are actually getting, most importantly the transfer speed for a 16gb class 2 micro sd
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions