16th birthday gift / phones

Posted 5th Apr
looking for a boy 16th birthday gift

a phone maybe around £150 with a good camera and battery life ( has a Samsung S7 at the moment)
or.... open to suggestions

thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Phone wise I don’t think you’ll get anything much better for a £150 budget, for example the Samsung a10 that released last year spec wise isn’t really any better than an S7 when compared side by side and it costs £139. Another suggestion, how about a decent watch? You could get it engraved on the back to say Happy 16th given it’s considered a special birthday.
Huawei have a lot of cheap phones, and the camera quality on them is very good for the price, you may want to check them out if you aren't put off by any rumours or scandals involving them.
danielmurgatroyd12305/04/2020 10:31

Comment deleted

It's a good phone but it's a bit too small these days unless someone is specifically wanting something that size.
Is he a brand conscious teen? That will decide what is acceptable.
xiaomi note 8 pro
bozo00705/04/2020 11:03

Is he a brand conscious teen? That will decide what is acceptable.

No he is not into brand
mas9905/04/2020 11:13

xiaomi note 8 pro

Is the camera better / similaron this than his S7 ?
40307339.jpgGet him one of these for £8 off ebay and wrap it up. Make sure you video him opening it. I'd keep him going all day before giving him the better phone
Edited by: "greenyblades" 5th Apr
greenyblades05/04/2020 13:48

[Image] Get him one of these for £8 off ebay and wrap it up. Make sure you …[Image] Get him one of these for £8 off ebay and wrap it up. Make sure you video him opening it. I'd keep him going all day before giving him the better phone

Xiaomi seems the best bang for your buck.

What's important to him? Gaming/ Camera etc.

MrSwitch is usually well clued up on things like this. Search a few of his Phone deals.

I had a Xiaomi Note 5 but I upgraded to a Redmi Note 7 because the Note 7 has Arcore support. I'm a developer interested in Augmented Reality and was working on an AR Easter Egg Hunt until the Corona Virus put a hold on that (no point creating something that nobody can use until we're all allowed outdoors again).
Redmi note 8 4/64GB, circa £120
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions