Groups

17 Again - Age Suitability?

Has anyone seen '17 Again' with Zac Efron? My daughter is 10 and is having a sleepover party - it says a 12 on the cover but I'm not sure if this is because of language or sex scenes. Has anyone seen it and would you recommend it for a 10 year old?

Thanks for your comments! I don't want to send home the kids corrupted!!! It's bad enough they will be sleep deprived and high on E numbers!!

15 Comments

lol i watched it recently and i think it should be suitable for ages 12 and above becasue there are scenes which are not suitable fro minors.

I think its alright for 10 year olds. there is one reference were she says something like 'i know about all this 'mum i like to...'' but she doesn't end it.... thats about it really.

borolad94;6335530

I think its alright for 10 year olds. there is one reference were she … I think its alright for 10 year olds. there is one reference were she says something like 'i know about all this 'mum i like to...'' but she doesn't end it.... thats about it really.

sexual innuendo then which will go over most kids heads below 13, unless they have older siblings that teach them this stuff

from uk.imdb.com/tit…ide

A man and a woman are shown in bed together and it is implied that they have had sex (they are clothed). Teens have a party and a boy is nude

A teen boy straddles and punches another teen boy in the face repeatedly. Several teen girls slap a teen boy in the face, a woman slaps a teen boy in the face and a man slaps a teen boy in the face repeatedly

10 sexual references, 5 scatological terms (do*che), 8 anatomical terms (d*ck), 3 mild obscenities, name-calling (idiot, tool, dork, jockstraps, freak), 8 religious exclamations.

It is fine, let her watch it, she will enjoy it.

I always thought it was certified 12 for a reason?

Also If i were one of the parents of the other children invited
    i would expect that you would ask me before showing any
    film with a 12 cert to my child..........

It's certified a 12 because mmmmmmmm Zac Efron.

oh im a bad mum, i watched it with my 9 year old :lol:

she enjoyed it :shock:

Original Poster

simon012;6336125

I always thought it was certified 12 for a reason?Also If i were one of … I always thought it was certified 12 for a reason?Also If i were one of the parents of the other children invitedi would expect that you would ask me before showing anyfilm with a 12 cert to my child..........

I did ask the other four mums if they had any objection and they said no if I felt it was suitable! I was hoping one of them would have said they had seen it and it was or was not suitable!! So the onus has been left on me and a pestery daughter!

shocking film anyway, saw it on the plane, rubbish!!

It's a 12A which is OK for younger children with adult supervision so not as bad as a 12, my daughter has watched this film and is 8, I watched it first to check it out and it's really not that bad, just a few sexual references that are no worse than you get in the soaps on tv, in fact we watch Home and Away together and that throws up A LOT more questions let me tell you. Not sure if you (OP) are female or not, but if you are then make sure you watch it with your daughter as Zac Effron is hot, this is a whole new thread, is it wrong for a 37yr old woman to find Zac Effron hot?

Great film by the way, not going to win any oscars but great fun and quite funny.

My little sister watched this at shes 10. dont be up tight let her watch it. :P

my eldest asked to watch it and there were a couple of things we didnt like her to hear but not that bad. eldest is 10

LOL, chances are you are worrying about nothing. I've seen it and there's nothing in there that they won't have already heard in the playground or from older kids etc... I was walking down the road the other day and a couple of girls that were around 9-12 years old were walking the other side of the street and swearing their heads off to each other.

Original Poster

Thank you for all your comments - they are now watching it and on the sneaky peaks I've had it looks quite good!! Thanks to everyone. Debs x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. connect tablet27
      2. Jury service1620
      3. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      4. What laptop to choose?21

See more discussions