17 inch Bang for buck laptop

Posted 13th Dec 2019
anyone seen any decent spec cheapish 17inch laptops like rysen 3/5 and easily upgradeable?

cheers
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
When you say cheap-ish, you may want to include your budget.
Yeah sorry, as close to 500 as possible.
No worries. Your problem is, laptops generally aren’t easily upgradeable. If you’re going to continue to upgrade your computer then I’d suggest looking a desktop PC instead - if space/practicality allows etc.
Agree, you used to be able to pop in some more RAM at least but a lot of laptops nowadays, the ram comes soldered to the mobile. Only thing that seems to be swappable any more is the SSD.
Yeah I should have probably stated only really looking to upgrade ram and ssd. I was looking at currys.co.uk/gbu…tml as easy to upgrade. But don't know weather to push for a Ryzen 5 or i5. Football manager is my game if I do play one and apparently it processer heavy. Thanks guys
Sebo13/12/2019 18:48

Yeah I should have probably stated only really looking to upgrade ram and …Yeah I should have probably stated only really looking to upgrade ram and ssd. I was looking at https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/acer-aspire-5-a515-43-15-6-amd-ryzen-3-laptop-256-gb-ssd-silver-10198867-pdt.html as easy to upgrade. But don't know weather to push for a Ryzen 5 or i5. Football manager is my game if I do play one and apparently it processer heavy. Thanks guys

I personally would consider pushing for more than that machine, understandably it’s probably not what you want to hear but more often than not, you get what you pay for. It will likely fulfil the minimum settings for football manager but not too much more if I’m honest.

You said your budget was around £500, so I’d look at laptops around that budget even though it’s tempting to look at cheaper budget machines.
Sebo13/12/2019 18:48

Yeah I should have probably stated only really looking to upgrade ram and …Yeah I should have probably stated only really looking to upgrade ram and ssd. I was looking at https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/acer-aspire-5-a515-43-15-6-amd-ryzen-3-laptop-256-gb-ssd-silver-10198867-pdt.html as easy to upgrade. But don't know weather to push for a Ryzen 5 or i5. Football manager is my game if I do play one and apparently it processer heavy. Thanks guys

That is not 17"....

Anyway, I personally pick these for 500 budget
ebuyer.com/883…120

box.co.uk/Med…tml
Edited by: "Cisco060606" 14th Dec 2019
LiveTheAdventure14/12/2019 02:17

I personally would consider pushing for more than that machine, …I personally would consider pushing for more than that machine, understandably it’s probably not what you want to hear but more often than not, you get what you pay for. It will likely fulfil the minimum settings for football manager but not too much more if I’m honest. You said your budget was around £500, so I’d look at laptops around that budget even though it’s tempting to look at cheaper budget machines.

So are there any you've seen close to £500 or a bit more? I wanna be able to up the ram to 16 or 32
Cisco06060614/12/2019 08:54

That is not 17"....Anyway, I personally pick these for 500 …That is not 17"....Anyway, I personally pick these for 500 budgethttps://www.ebuyer.com/883277-medion-akoya-p6645-core-i5-8gb-1tb-hdd-128gb-ssd-geforce-mx150-30026120https://www.box.co.uk/Medion-Akoya-P6685_2431522.html

Thanks man.. I'll probably need to stretch further .. box.co.uk/FX7…wcB

What you think of that? Or try and get an i5?
Not saying this one but something like this: Click here

It will play the latest games on low-medium, you may want to keep an eye out on deals over Xmas and into the new year as you may well get more for your money
LiveTheAdventure14/12/2019 09:30

Not saying this one but something like this: Click hereIt will play the …Not saying this one but something like this: Click hereIt will play the latest games on low-medium, you may want to keep an eye out on deals over Xmas and into the new year as you may well get more for your money

Mehhh gone 💀💀 thanks though man
Ah sorry, I didn’t check the link. There has been other deals too that probably top the above deal but I can’t see much active right now. If you’re able to wait until after Xmas you might get more for your money.
LiveTheAdventure14/12/2019 10:20

Ah sorry, I didn’t check the link. There has been other deals too that p …Ah sorry, I didn’t check the link. There has been other deals too that probably top the above deal but I can’t see much active right now. If you’re able to wait until after Xmas you might get more for your money.

Yeah I'll keep searching.. my current laptop is a i7 3rd gen from 2012 lol I should probably just stretch the budget.. wonder what people's best value laptop is .. 🙏 ha
Sebo14/12/2019 11:23

Yeah I'll keep searching.. my current laptop is a i7 3rd gen from 2012 lol …Yeah I'll keep searching.. my current laptop is a i7 3rd gen from 2012 lol I should probably just stretch the budget.. wonder what people's best value laptop is .. 🙏 ha

I totally understand where you're coming from but you've got to have a limit and just buy your best laptop within that limit because if not, where do you stop? As you're probably already aware you can easily spend thousands on one. No matter what you buy, there will be more money off next week, its always the way with technology. My view is, go with your gut... if you think it's a good deal and happy to proceed then go ahead and buy. Easiest way to check for the 'better' deals are to check previous offers on here (even the expired ones) then look what has gone hot and then you can get a feel for value for money from those deals around your price range to suit.
Edited by: "LiveTheAdventure" 16th Dec 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions