17" Laptop Recommendations

Found 5th Dec 2017
NEEDS TO BE ON AMAZON
I have like £1000 worth in gift vouchers/credit on my account. I can maybe add another £200-£300 on top and make it £1300 max spend.

SCREEN
Needs to be 17" because I want a nice big screen and not fussy about portability because it will be at home and i wont travel with it. I have the new razer mobile phone which has a 120Hz screen. I'd prefer the same on a laptop for future proofing and the smoothness of scrolling through things, I dont think I can go back and use a 60hz any more. I should also be able to cast my screen to a 4K tv with no trouble.

WHAT I WILL USE IT FOR
I dont usually play games on laptop. I have a ps4 pro and I only stick to like 2-3 games anyway. So I dont really need a high end graphics card. But saying that, I dont mind having a 1060 just to try out some VR. What I do most is media extracting, large file transferring to and from external drives and a lot of multi tasking.

MUST HAVE FEATURES
-Back-lit Keyboard
-Good Speakers
-USB C / Thunderbolt 3

I was initially thinking about this one:
amazon.co.uk/HP-…0hz

I like the design and the red black theme. It has pretty much everything I want. But.. If I am going to pay £1400.. I'd rather have a better build and not an all plastic laptop plus for what i intend to use it for, i'd rather have 16GB RAM & 256GB SSD combo. OR what would you recommend.

LONG post I know..., but Im sure it will help a lot of people on here to decide on what they could go for.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants