Groups
    EXPIRED

17" Widescreen LCD Monitor - not a LCD TV

Trying to find 17" widescreen monitor to use with my PC and Xbox 360. All I can find are LCD TVs all over £200.

I would of thought with 19" monitors so cheap now it would be easy to find a 17" for close to £100.. but no.

Looking for one with the native res of the 360 which I believe is either 1280x768, 1280x720 or 1366x768.

Thanks for any help

9 Comments

They seem to be few and far between, and as you say - most are LCD TV's. Would a 19" not work for you - much better chances of getting a cheaper one...?

i dont think most of the budget priced monitors have inputs for a games console... you have to spend a bit more for that, correct me if im wrong

Original Poster

Thanks, yea I have looked at 19" monitors but there are 2 problems:-

a) most are 1440x900 so not native 360 resolution which I believe leads to jaggies...
    b) Its in the living room, even harder to get girl friend approval for a 19" monitor :roll:

Original Poster

Hi paceCETTA just saw your reply.

The xbox 360 can output to a standard VGA conection so no special input required

well you could always take your 360 apart and build youself an ]XBOX 360 Laptop :razz:

X-Cell

Hi paceCETTA just saw your reply.The xbox 360 can output to a standard … Hi paceCETTA just saw your reply.The xbox 360 can output to a standard VGA conection so no special input required

really?? hmpf, i have a 360 n i didnt realise this!! Does it require an additional cable though...?

paceCETTA

really?? hmpf, i have a 360 n i didnt realise this!! Does it require an … really?? hmpf, i have a 360 n i didnt realise this!! Does it require an additional cable though...?

Yeah but they're only £10 and well worth it.

cool...think i'll have to get myself one for those 'eastenders' moments:lol: Any chance of a link to the cable i should be looking for? cheers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger1011
      2. Virgin Media - what is a good price?616
      3. GAP Insurance Recommendations22
      4. cats and royal canin biscuits1019

See more discussions