Groups

17 years!

Kansas City prisoner 'blessed' to be free after lookalike found: OMG

10 Comments

That is amazing.
    However, he was almost done with his original sentence.
    I'm guessing a law suit will follow.

Original Poster

I guess not having a criminal record & proving to families and friends that you're not a criminal is a big deal.

17 years in jail for a crime you didn't commit. Yeah, that's a real nice 'blessing' from Jebus. Classic religious masochism.

$140 per day standard amount for wrongful inprisoment so $868,700 not a lot really for losing a massive part of your life.

Does not mean his innocent, just means someone wqho looks like him might have committed the crime. I have a twin brother and if I ever get caught doing some dodgy stuff I'm blaming him

barrel24

$140 per day standard amount for wrongful inprisoment so $868,700 not a … $140 per day standard amount for wrongful inprisoment so $868,700 not a lot really for losing a massive part of your life.

One hell of a weekend in Vegas though!

barrel24

$140 per day standard amount for wrongful inprisoment so $868,700 not a … $140 per day standard amount for wrongful inprisoment so $868,700 not a lot really for losing a massive part of your life.

I would be surprised if that is all he ends up with once everything is settled.

I'm sure they can add a zero to that tidy amount barrel24 by the time the court case is done. Awful way to get it though.

cannibalwombat

17 years in jail for a crime you didn't commit. Yeah, that's a real nice … 17 years in jail for a crime you didn't commit. Yeah, that's a real nice 'blessing' from Jebus. Classic religious masochism.

I hate this, you get wrongly accused and sent to prison for a crime you didn't commit and its down to a bad system run by humans.
    You then get out after 17 years and its a blessing from the mighty god!
    Same with people who have near death experiences and say God saved them... yet he made you nearly die first and suffer for x amount of time!?
    I'll never understand it..

Original Poster

Deaa

I hate this, you get wrongly accused and sent to prison for a crime you … I hate this, you get wrongly accused and sent to prison for a crime you didn't commit and its down to a bad system run by humans. You then get out after 17 years and its a blessing from the mighty god!Same with people who have near death experiences and say God saved them... yet he made you nearly die first and suffer for x amount of time!?I'll never understand it..

When people are desperate (when they see no way out; for what reason) they will make a pact with 'god' to help them out. So when, eventually, they got themselves out of that predicament (let's say through luck) then they will attribute that to their 'prayer'. I can't blame them for that, 'god' was the only hope left at the time.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846166
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764206
      3. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio44
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31136

See more discussions