17.3" Laptop, around £600 to spend

Posted 2nd Dec
Hi,

Looking to buy a large laptop which will be mainly used for Office work, email, spreadsheets etc. Another user recommended this one which is mainly a gaming laptop.

scan.co.uk/pro…n10

I assume it would have no issues handling the workload. Was wondering if there might be other recommendations. I would like this laptop to last for a long time.

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
If you can live with 256GB storage. GPU is less powerful, but you don't need a powerful one anyway. It is £550.
ao.com/pro….as
i personaly wouldnt call a gtx1650 a gaming graphics card, but would let you play at low settings, it would handel anything you want it for not a bother....
Bargainhead02/12/2019 13:01

i personaly wouldnt call a gtx1650 a gaming graphics card, but would let …i personaly wouldnt call a gtx1650 a gaming graphics card, but would let you play at low settings, it would handel anything you want it for not a bother....

My son can play ultra settings on fortnite at over 60 fps with his gtx 1650 and medium on star wars battlefront 2 easily
Mark_Hickman02/12/2019 14:36

My son can play ultra settings on fortnite at over 60 fps with his gtx …My son can play ultra settings on fortnite at over 60 fps with his gtx 1650 and medium on star wars battlefront 2 easily

A laptop version or desktop? Plus there very well optimised games and older now..
Bargainhead02/12/2019 15:31

A laptop version or desktop? Plus there very well optimised games and …A laptop version or desktop? Plus there very well optimised games and older now..

Its a laptop, im not saying its a fantastic top of the range card, im just pointing out it probably performs much better than you realise. You stated it is hardly a gaming dedicated card and will basically play low settings, i found you could play many games on low setting with vega 8 graphics built in to the ryzen 5 3500u
Mark_Hickman02/12/2019 15:45

Its a laptop, im not saying its a fantastic top of the range card, im just …Its a laptop, im not saying its a fantastic top of the range card, im just pointing out it probably performs much better than you realise. You stated it is hardly a gaming dedicated card and will basically play low settings, i found you could play many games on low setting with vega 8 graphics built in to the ryzen 5 3500u

Sounds like that laptop will do everything the op needs... you have opened my eyes a bit to what the card can do. But a lot will depends on the games with pc titles...
Bargainhead02/12/2019 15:55

Sounds like that laptop will do everything the op needs... you have opened …Sounds like that laptop will do everything the op needs... you have opened my eyes a bit to what the card can do. But a lot will depends on the games with pc titles...

Oh yes definitely depends on the games but it also definitely performs better than i expected for a 4gb card.
I have 1660ti over clocked and cpu under volt and my son is playing the same games as me without any troubles.
Also the laptop was suggested to the op by me after he asked via pm because my son has the same specs/parts in his hp pavillion and i thought it can play games and the ryzen 5 3500u can easily handle the other requirements of the op and this is the only 17 inch which he specifically wants with those specs at this low price.
I guess the op has created this thread hoping to find a non gaming 17 inch with the same specs or higher for cheaper which is fair enough, although i advised the op to get this machine because he stated gaming is not a necessity in our pm's, which came across to me as he would like if it could game as well if possible for under £600.
So i offered up this for £48 extra, it does everything.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions