Groups

1.75 ct Diamond ring - where to sell

as the title says we have a Diamond ring with a 1.75ct diamond in 18Ct gold that we want to sell.

It was valued 10 years ago at £9450

Where is the best place to sell something like this

7 Comments

i'd say get re-valued as you probably find worth a fraction of taht now. And sell at auction with reserve.
    Quality will always sell

Original Poster

DIVA1977;4846473

i'd say get re-valued as you probably find worth a fraction of taht now. … i'd say get re-valued as you probably find worth a fraction of taht now. And sell at auction with reserve.Quality will always sell

Do you mean like Ebay auction? or is there certain places you can go

I would take it to get it valued and see if the jewellers are intrested. I wouldnt sell on ebay as they take 10% final value and then theres paypal as well cant remember the exact % but its a lot on such a high value item

it isn't worth that much, it would have been valued at that price for insurance purposes and would be worth less than half that on the second hand market.

what is the quality of the diamond and what is the cut?
    what type of gold is it (white, yellow, rose, etc)?
    what does the hallmark say?
    what type of mount is it?

Original Poster

keeyop;4846603

it isn't worth that much, it would have been valued at that price for … it isn't worth that much, it would have been valued at that price for insurance purposes and would be worth less than half that on the second hand market.

5K would come in very handy at the moment

Just need to get it into an auction somewhere

mcneep;4846627

5K would come in very handy at the moment Just need to get it into an … 5K would come in very handy at the moment Just need to get it into an auction somewhere

less than half, put it this way, I have a 1940's Omega Seamaster automatic, for insurance its valued at £1850 on the second hand market I would probably only get between £250 - £400.

The valuation will give you a figure for what it would cost to replace the item with something new of a similar quality.

I'd recommend taking it to a decent jewelers and asking their opinion, if you need to offload it quick then take the ebay route.

No i meant in proper auction house like Christies, but whatever is a good reputable one near to home for you.

Or perhaps go on that david dickinson show??? The real deal
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3581366
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1331
      3. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work22
      4. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…2073

See more discussions