Groups

18 to buy a pair of gloves ???

Just got back from doing a bit of shopping but still amazed at what I heard..... a young guy had gone to the till to ask how much a pair of work gloves were, the assistant told him but then said you have to be 18 to buy those! The poor guy was astounded, he asked why and was told because they are Latex.... As it was he proved he was 18 but walked out shaking his head.
    I asked what the purpose of that was and was told it was the shop rules..
    Can anyone explain what that is all about?

13 Comments

some people are allergic to latex-maybe thats why? not sure tho

what store, a quick google returns nothing about any restrictions on the sale of latex. Wierd

he should have gone to buy some at ann summers

Original Poster

pistol6000

what store, a quick google returns nothing about any restrictions on the … what store, a quick google returns nothing about any restrictions on the sale of latex. Wierd

It was the Family Bargains store,it is a part of the 99p stores group, I had never heard of any bad things you could with a pair of gloves before and just because they are latex? Can you melt them down and smoke them?? I am baffled, not difficult I know but...
    Edited by: "mosskeeto" 19th Feb 2011

Banned

barky

some people are allergic to latex-maybe thats why? not sure tho

Nuts.

Some people are allergic to those too!X)

Gloves can be lethal on the wrong hands

Original Poster

deek72

Gloves can be lethal on the wrong hands.

Yeah but why stop the latex ones! ...:-)

mosskeeto

Yeah but why stop the latex ones! ...:-)

I've edited my post for you

Maybe kids are using them as a suffocation for thrills device or something?! You would need some really large gloves to get them over your head, but hey heard of stranger things

Shellywelly

Maybe kids are using them as a suffocation for thrills device or … Maybe kids are using them as a suffocation for thrills device or something?! You would need some really large gloves to get them over your head, but hey heard of stranger things

Then supermarkets should also make sure they dont give carrier bags away to under 18's! lol

dh058977

Then supermarkets should also make sure they dont give carrier bags away … Then supermarkets should also make sure they dont give carrier bags away to under 18's! lol

Nah carrier bags are too thin for good suffocation lol Have you ever tried blowing up a carrier bag?
    Blowing up latex gloves.... you can tell what I do when I am bored at work.

There's an age restriction on buying Christmas crackers, remember having to ask a kid for id when I worked in WH Smith

Shellywelly

Nah carrier bags are too thin for good suffocation lol Have you ever … Nah carrier bags are too thin for good suffocation lol Have you ever tried blowing up a carrier bag?Blowing up latex gloves.... you can tell what I do when I am bored at work.

What about those 'bags for life' ? Im sure they are thick enough! Although the life wouldnt be that long admittedly!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Simply games French cases?22
      2. Is 'Isisue' a fake website/does it sell fake brands55
      3. Iphone 7 - What Case?11
      4. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?36

See more discussions