Oil leak 1.9 bxe 2009

Posted 14th MarEdited by:"michael.sheridan"
Hi my Skoda has a really bad oil leak behind the head not sure if it’s the head or egr it is leaking as well but not as much that’s on the back of the head 3422055.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
A fellow bxe'r we must be rare having our rods intact! Habit of valve gasket leak. Degrease engine then check I am getting...
Edited by: "colinged" 14th Mar
as above, you need to fully degrease, remove the old oil then run the car to see where the leak originates
Edited by: "adamspencer95" 14th Mar
@adamspencer95 I did do that but it’s too hard to see where it’s leaking from it’s every where
@colinged I siliconed the rocker cover gasket and it still leaks I checked The oil level and there was none in the engine and now the turbo is going from it
And I have no problem with the engine out from the leak and there 500k on the clock
michael.sheridan14/03/2020 17:17

@colinged I siliconed the rocker cover gasket and it still leaks I checked …@colinged I siliconed the rocker cover gasket and it still leaks I checked The oil level and there was none in the engine and now the turbo is going from it

Slapping silicon on isn't going to stop it. You really do need to fully degrease and then look for where its leaking. Just run it on the driveway, if you actually go for a drive it will be everywhere.
Dont neglect checking hoses.
The egr removal to check isnt a big job, some good how to's on you tube. What do you mean about turbo? As Mas said...no need for silicon, get the gasket with screws and torque appropriately if you find it is coming from there...hard to see round back when tightening up, use a mirror to ensure correct gasket placement
Yeah theres oil weeping from the egr vent
I would be removing egr and cleaning, new seals. If it's done 500k it will be extremely coked up
Yeh I’ve cleaned the egr then I blanked it off but it’s still Leaking oil
Edited by: "michael.sheridan" 15th Mar
How much oil is leaking, it sounds like a failing turbo from your posting.
A fair bit of oil but it’s gotten worse over time and I’d say the turbo oil seal is gone
michael.sheridan16/03/2020 19:08

A fair bit of oil but it’s gotten worse over time and I’d say the turbo oil …A fair bit of oil but it’s gotten worse over time and I’d say the turbo oil seal is gone

Be interesting to see how much oil in pipe!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants