Groups

1936 Berlin Olympics and 2008 Beijing Olympics?

I'm abit confused about this project I have been given so I thought the best place to ask questions would be here!

19 Comments

They were the first to have TV coverage

Original Poster

barneydog;4531292

They were the first to have TV coverage

Didnt the Amsterdam Olympics in like 1928 have TV Coverage? I'm sure i've seen some of it?

Watch Jodie Foster in Contact. Your answer is there.....

borolad94;4531316

Didnt the Amsterdam Olympics in like 1928 have TV Coverage? I'm sure i've … Didnt the Amsterdam Olympics in like 1928 have TV Coverage? I'm sure i've seen some of it?

Sorry I meant live TV coverage, I don't know about the Amsterdam one, it might have had, I remember it from school years ago and Wiki agrees

en.wikipedia.org/wik…ics

Original Poster

longster;4531322

Watch Jodie Foster in Contact. Your answer is there.....

I've just read a brief synopsis of it on Wikipedia and I don't know how the 2 are linked?

Original Poster

chris_corbett;4531355

The Berlin Olympics, as in during the Nazi regime?Or is that called … The Berlin Olympics, as in during the Nazi regime?Or is that called something else lol

Yep it was during the 'Nazi Regime'

but I need to know what they did to look impressive?

The TV signal from the Berlin Olympics was the first TV signal that was strong enough to travel to "outer space". The whole idea of the Jodie Foster (god she is gorgeous) film Contact is that the signal has been received miles away by an alien race etc etc.

Might not be the answer you are looking for, but it is an answer.

Original Poster

chris_corbett;4531416

Just edited the post, hope it helps.If you want more i can go find the … Just edited the post, hope it helps.If you want more i can go find the text book lol.Thats just what i remember off the top of my head.

thanks mate, rep added

Original Poster

mdh35;4531453

Have a look … Have a look athttp://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/1936_berlin_olympics.htm

rep added to you aswell

borolad94;4531408

Yep it was during the 'Nazi Regime'but I need to know what they did to … Yep it was during the 'Nazi Regime'but I need to know what they did to look impressive?

Had special 'treatments' and then did naked platform diving. ;-)

Original Poster

chris_corbett;4531537

Cheers mate,Have done the same :thumbsup:Is that enough info or you need … Cheers mate,Have done the same :thumbsup:Is that enough info or you need any more?

not at the moment, the info that you and md? (sorry, forgot your name :w00t:) have worked wonders and that'll probably be enough. thanks guys!

Original Poster

chris_corbett;4531596

Okay then,If you ever need any more help,I'll be happy to help.

I think I might need you, this is only Task 1, theres another 4 to do by god knows when (I think its in March sometime :w00t:)

borolad94;4531569

not at the moment, the info that you and md? (sorry, forgot your name … not at the moment, the info that you and md? (sorry, forgot your name :w00t:) have worked wonders and that'll probably be enough. thanks guys!

mdh35. Not a problem. Happy to help too.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

chris_corbett;4531757

Is it coursework or something?And yeah ill be happy to helpWill help me … Is it coursework or something?And yeah ill be happy to helpWill help me aswell cause ive got my exams coming up so I'll know what I need to revise and everything lol

mdh35;4535681

mdh35. Not a problem. Happy to help too.:thumbsup:

Thanks lads. (I'm guessing you're lads :w00t:) It's a homework project i'm doing chris.

I need some help with the opening ceremony, can anyone try and find the order of events in it? Like the one in 2008 was....
    o Welcoming ceremony
    o Artistic section
    o Parade of nations
    o Speeches by the Presidents
    o Torch relay and the lighting of the flame cauldron
    o Encore

borolad94;4574930

Thanks lads. (I'm guessing you're lads :w00t:) It's a homework project … Thanks lads. (I'm guessing you're lads :w00t:) It's a homework project i'm doing chris.I need some help with the opening ceremony, can anyone try and find the order of events in it? Like the one in 2008 was....o Welcoming ceremony o Artistic section o Parade of nations o Speeches by the Presidents o Torch relay and the lighting of the flame cauldron o Encore

There a few bits here including a short video of the opening ceremony

olympic.org/uk/…936

If you go to the bottom of this ]Wiki page there's 2 links to the pdf of the IOC reports on the games

Original Poster

Why has there been an increase in the amount of participating countries?
    There were only 49 participants in 1936
    and there were
    205 in 2008

borolad94;4575212

Why has there been an increase in the amount of participating … Why has there been an increase in the amount of participating countries?There were only 49 participants in 1936 and there were205 in 2008

Ease of modern travel? in 1936 they would have to get there by ship probably.

Also the world was not lomg out of a depression

Original Poster

What is the current Olympic running track material? Is it tarmac?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767104
      2. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1429
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1223
      4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710944

See more discussions