1970's Toy

Found 18th Aug 2008
Bit of a long shot but this is driving me mad! Can anyone remember the name of a doll sold in the 1970's that you could pull its head away from its body and it spoke to you while the head retracted back to the body (weird i know!) it said things like "Whoops, there goes my head agian" and various other sentences.

Anyone old enough to have a memory that goes back that far? lol!

1. Misc
  2. Toy
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Toy
21 Comments

I'm not old enough, but I wish I was lol! What a strange toy

Banned

nikkib123;2770055

Oh my goodness I had that as well - I think it said "Whoops there goes my … Oh my goodness I had that as well - I think it said "Whoops there goes my head for a moment" and "ooops there goes my body"It was a female big plastic head and you pulled the head away from the body and thats when it spoke.

giving your age away then :whistling:

Mattel ?

Original Poster

nikkib123;2770055

Oh my goodness I had that as well - I think it said "Whoops there goes my … Oh my goodness I had that as well - I think it said "Whoops there goes my head for a moment" and "ooops there goes my body"It was a female big plastic head and you pulled the head away from the body and thats when it spoke.

That's the one! i'd forgotten it said those other things.....so wish i could remember what it was called. Kids toys in the old days were so strange!

MANJ_007;2770071

Mattel ?

Remember all the Ronco stuff they used to advertise like the miniture sewing machine?

http://www.dollreference.com/images/talkups45mattel1971.jpg

I'm not quite old enough to remember them! :oops: Just good with google :thumbsup:

They were called 'talk-ups' I had casper the ghost - probably still do have somewhere in my mums attic -

beat me to it

omg i had the casper one too lol

http://chattycathydolls.homestead.com/Casper_Talk_up_op_310x600.jpg

Banned

my god you lot are old....

it was He-Man in my day

rainbow brite and puffalumps

tiny tears and sindy

nikkib123;2770110

I had a "magical musical thing" which was a long plastic thing with keys … I had a "magical musical thing" which was a long plastic thing with keys on for playing songs

Most people just call them a "piano".

Original Poster

jellybaby22;2770305

always wanted a tiny tears.....never got one....what was Sindys Boyfriend … always wanted a tiny tears.....never got one....what was Sindys Boyfriend called???? Ken and Barbie and Sindy and .....I cant remember:?

Paul i think.

alijxx;2770326

Paul i think.

Yep :thumbsup:

Original Poster

You lot are awesome!! thanks so much, I will sleep easy tonight, that's been bugging me for months......all I need to do now is find one x

alijxx;2770339

You lot are awesome!! thanks so much, I will sleep easy tonight, that's … You lot are awesome!! thanks so much, I will sleep easy tonight, that's been bugging me for months......all I need to do now is find one x

loads on ebay!!! - well 3 actually!! lol

ODB_69;2770207

my god you lot are old....it was He-Man in my day

Now ur talking, and thundercats too!

i had tippy tumbles - oooh those were the days - lol
Post a comment
@
    Text